7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Tuscan Sun, Navy Blue, Mystic Jade, Pebble Beach now available

Old 07-16-2008, 10:40 PM

Tuscan Sun, Navy Blue, Mystic Jade, Pebble Beach now available

The four 'missing' colors for the '09 Maxima are now arriving.

Among the 18 '09 Maximas at Team Nissan of Lithia Springs (GA) is a Tuscan Sun Premium with Latte interior.

Among the 16 '09 Maximas at Conyers Nissan (Conyers GA) are TWO Tuscan Sun Sports with Charcoal interior.

Among the more than a dozen '09 Maximas at Team Nissan of Marietta (GA) is a Navy Blue Premium with Latte interior.

Among the dozen plus '09 Maximas at Stone Mountain Nissan (GA) is a Mystic Jade Sport with Frost interior.

Among the 20 '09 Maximas at Regal Nissan (Roswell GA) is a Tuscan Sun Premium with Frost interior.

I saw a Pebble Beach '09 Maxima in the inventory of an Atlanta area dealer, but I forgot which one.

Anyway, all eight colors are now arriving at dealers, and it will be nice to see them in person.

Edit - Forget the Pebble Beach. I now know why I couldn't remember the dealer that had the 'Pebble Beach' colored '09 Maxima. It turned out that Maxima was actually 'Precision Gray' or 'Dark Slate', and the nissanusa site had mislabeled the color 'Pebble Beach'. I now recall someone else mentioning that nissanusa boo-boo here on the ORG several weeks ago. Sorry about that.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 07-17-2008 at 01:13 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:40 AM

Prospective 09 Max owner here, are there any real world pics of the Navy Blue? None of the dealers in South FL have one. Cant tell from Nissanusa.com whether its a metallic blue or not.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by madlaw1071
Prospective 09 Max owner here, are there any real world pics of the Navy Blue? None of the dealers in South FL have one. Cant tell from Nissanusa.com whether its a metallic blue or not.

here you go!
Under the "First 7th gen is in my garage" thread...
Old 07-17-2008, 04:39 PM

I'm curious to see the Mystic Jade.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:06 PM

Hurricane434 - Me too. The nissanusa site does not really give us a clear view of exactly what Mystic Jade looks like. I think it may be a sort of a Precision Gray with a tad of greenish hue, but I could be way off base.

I definitely will be visiting whichever of my nearest dealers gets one on their lot first.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:38 PM

mystic jade is awesome, has a sort of flip flop look to it. when you walk buy it in the sun(or under hundreds of lights it "flips" colors
Old 07-30-2008, 07:22 PM

tigersharkdude - on an overcast Sunday morning (three days ago), I walked around a Mystic Jade '09 on my dealer's back lot a dozen times, and saw only a dreary shade that looked something like Dark Slate.

This afternoon, a sunny, very muggy, hot (well into the 90s) day, I snuck into my dealer's back lot again, and walked around that same Mystic Jade, drenched in sweat and feeling faint (I AM getting old). I thought I was hallucinating when the car seemed to very subtlely drift between colors before my eyes. I thought I was 'losing it', so quickly moved back over to the white SV with Premium, which is exactly like the one I will be buying this fall.

I'm staying away from those Mystic Jade Maximas; there is something sorta scary about them.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:24 PM

i love the mystic jade, but would choose the blue
mystic jade is where the, liquid motion or whatever nissan calls in comes in to play
Old 07-31-2008, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
tigersharkdude - on an overcast Sunday morning (three days ago), I walked around a Mystic Jade '09 on my dealer's back lot a dozen times, and saw only a dreary shade that looked something like Dark Slate.

This afternoon, a sunny, very muggy, hot (well into the 90s) day, I snuck into my dealer's back lot again, and walked around that same Mystic Jade, drenched in sweat and feeling faint (I AM getting old). I thought I was hallucinating when the car seemed to very subtlely drift between colors before my eyes. I thought I was 'losing it', so quickly moved back over to the white SV with Premium, which is exactly like the one I will be buying this fall.

I'm staying away from those Mystic Jade Maximas; there is something sorta scary about them.

Light- be careful on the back lots in this weather!!
Old 08-01-2008, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Hurricane434 - Me too. The nissanusa site does not really give us a clear view of exactly what Mystic Jade looks like. I think it may be a sort of a Precision Gray with a tad of greenish hue, but I could be way off base.

I definitely will be visiting whichever of my nearest dealers gets one on their lot first.

Check out town center nissan off barrett parkway. i know it might be a little bit of a drive, it was for me as well. talk to sam nickens tell him devin sent you. i just bought my 08 from him. great guy, none of the sales man bull ****. and he will find you want you want. the whole dealership was probably the best one ive been to.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:07 PM

ddelaud - Thanks for the 'heads-up', but as I have posted more recently on other threads here, I spent considerable time recently walking around a Mystic Jade at my dealer 4 miles from my front door. When I saw it on a cloudy day, it looked a lot like the Dark Slate Maximas.

But when I viewed it in bright sunlight, it was not the same as Dark Slate, and actually seemed to change hues as I changed my viewing angle. Sort of eerie. Being a scaredy cat, I retreated to the Winter Frost and Radiant Silver colors I know and love. But if I were the young and adventurous type . . .
Old 12-08-2011, 06:36 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by madlaw1071
yes it is I'm getting one today! an 09' NAVY BLUE w/ LATTE int. SV prem. YES in the Sun you can tell, or in the showroom.. I wish it was more of an Azure Blue like the Altima Coupe I was contemplating but a much roomier superior car so I being a UK Wild Cat fan will have to settle for it.. but I will be smiling with glee inside..
Old 12-08-2011, 09:19 PM

holy old bump batman!
Old 12-09-2011, 01:33 AM

Wink

Originally Posted by Dieseldan
holy old bump batman!
Dieseldan - You evidently overlooked the little detail that he is a UK Wildcat fan. Those folks operate in a different time zone, which is about three years behind the rest of the world.