8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

What’s Next?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2024, 04:54 PM

What’s Next?

Had 1998, 2005, 2009 and 2017 maximas but unfortunately with the demise of the model, I’ll have to figure out what’s next? 7 + years on my current car and I’m getting a little antsy but I plan to keep it at least another year..Acura TLX type S, Cadillac CT5 if I stick with a sedan…if I follow the rest of the sheep and get a SUV, Mazda CX 70 or Acura RDX. TLX and CX 70 are leading the pack. I don’t know what is going on with Infinity so they are not in the running Thoughts?
Old 04-08-2024, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Any consideration for a nice used Lexus GS 350 or GSF? If you want new, how about a Lexus IS 300, IS 350, or better yet the IS 500 Fsport?
Old 04-08-2024, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
Any consideration for a nice used Lexus GS 350 or GSF? If you want new, how about a Lexus IS 300, IS 350, or better yet the IS 500 Fsport?
so you are trying to make my decision harder by adding more to the mix? 😃. IS 500 FSport is out of my financial league but the IS 350 FSport is competitive…Lexus reliability with a naturally aspirated V6, exterior looks great but interior looks dated but I will add to the test drive list when its time…back seats for Lexus and TLX are kinda cramped…
Old 04-09-2024, 12:54 PM

Here's the thing - love it or hate it, the Maxima is still a great, reliable car (I don't see the quality/problem *****ing and whining here that I do elsewhere i.e. Honda, Genesis, BMW, etc.).
So ... what is equally reliable, quick, comfortable... I'd look to something else long in the tooth, not bleeding-edge EV or hybrid or over-boosted turbo-4.

(with that said, I had a great experience with a Lincoln Corsair rental - 1200 miles, 9 days, great infotainment... Ford makes good stuff... but it's not a 4-door sports car...)
Old 04-10-2024, 03:40 PM

man that is what I hate about the Maxima going away. I could always afford to buy new and the value proposition was hard to beat..performance and MPG was always a good combination in my eyes...had four of them and never had any issues...I quickly became that guy that always bought the same Make and model. (did have a brief flirtation with a CX-5) but came back to Nissan with the 8th generation. wise financial move or no, after 8 years I will want something different and unfortunately no ninth generation to test drive.....

I think Raiti's ride had a video on the Corsair...I will check it out
Old 04-10-2024, 06:38 PM

I like my 2023 TLX A-Spec. The backseats aren't as big as the Max. I'm also close to average height 5'9 and portly but still comfortable riding in it. Handling is much better than the Max with a double wishbone suspension and SH-AWD. Gas mileage is close to the same even though it's a 2L 4 cylinder turbo. Headlights are better, audio better, interior accent lighting is better. Cooled seats are a nice touch, CarPlay isn't wireless but I added with an adapter. I drove CVTs from 2008-2023, the 10 speed transmission feels faster from a stop and the engine doesn't drone. Engine on paper has 28hp less but more torque and you don't have to rev it high to feel the power. The biggest downside is weight, at 3,990 pounds vs 3,608 on the Maxima. I bought mine a few months before the refresh as a CPO saving about $5k off new and a powertrain warranty for 7yrs/100k. The car reached 10k miles last week and still happy overall with my purchase. I do wish it were a touch quieter but still a massive improvement over the Integra I had for only a year that was plagued with issues. Also no remote start though the app subscription, type s or 2024 models do have that feature.
Old 04-18-2024, 03:22 PM

Its the end for me. I traded in my 16 S with 105k for a 19 SL with 18k a couple years ago through Carvana (great buying experience by the way). I've been jonesing to go electric for a while and was thinking I'd jump on the EV Maxima most likely when it dropped. However we just paid off my wife's 23 Rogue Platinum and the itch struck me hard to get a new car so I started looking to see what I could get in.

I looked at a lot of options, trying to stay under 40k so I started looking at getting a used Model S but didn't want to go to a 2018 or older model and the 2020s and newer are still a bit more than I wanted to pay for a used vehicle. I ended up on Tesla's website to check out the new Model 3s when I stumbled onto the Y page and saw the price reductions.

I ended up ordering just in time Sunday night a new Model Y Performance stealth grey with the white interior with $5450 off plus the $7500 tax credit, out the door for $43k. Carvana is buying my Maxima back and I'm coming out $5100($1300 more than Tesla and at least $2k more than anywhere else, my state has a minimal trade in tax benefit that would have only saved me $300 trading in)on top of that deal and my Y will be here in a couple days.

I will always have fond memories of my Maximas and I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for the EV re-release! I will especially miss the commander ****(really, I love this thing), thankfully I found the s3xy **** after market piece I can stick on the Tesla.
Old 04-19-2024, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by dgraham2038
Had 1998, 2005, 2009 and 2017 maximas but unfortunately with the demise of the model, I’ll have to figure out what’s next? 7 + years on my current car and I’m getting a little antsy but I plan to keep it at least another year..Acura TLX type S, Cadillac CT5 if I stick with a sedan…if I follow the rest of the sheep and get a SUV, Mazda CX 70 or Acura RDX. TLX and CX 70 are leading the pack. I don’t know what is going on with Infinity so they are not in the running Thoughts?
Went with Lexus NX 350 Luxury