5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.
View Poll Results: Which Y-Pipe is the best for the 5th Gen?
Stillen
10.26%
Cattman
69.23%
Warpspeed
17.95%
Other -- Please post name if you choose other!
2.56%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Sooo What is The BEST Y-Pipe for the 5-th Gen....Ive heard of these brands only....

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 06:56 AM
Chicken Feet Croo!

Originally Posted by Cattman
Cattman y-pipe on sale for $309
Cattman FastCat on sale for $219
O2 simulator for $28
Problems solved and power gained for a total of $556

Feeling you get from knowing you have the best exhaust performance and stainless steel quality available and still saved $340 - Priceless!

BCC
So true....
I've ordered from Brian plenty of times and was always satisfied with the quality.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:37 AM
CAN YOU PUT IT ON THE WALL?

Brian...any specials for christmas on the 02-03 header/y? i need to give the wife some more ideas for gifts!
Old 12-18-2006, 12:03 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by IWNTMORHP!!
Brian...any specials for christmas on the 02-03 header/y? i need to give the wife some more ideas for gifts!

That would be nice, but we'll barely begin shipping the new production by Xmas, much less putting them on special. Actually the special is the current $799 introductory price, it will go up to $849 once we've sold the first 50 units (we're holding about 40 backorders now).

Howzabout placing the order for a late Xmas present - we should be able to fill it before the end of January, and no money changes hands until your part is ready.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 12-18-2006, 11:48 AM

Wow the polls says it all!
Old 12-19-2006, 02:20 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by shurik
Wow the polls says it all!

Does it ever, I believe I'll save that as a marketing graphic.

BCC
Old 12-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Time2go!

Cattman Y-pipes DO NOT leak! Your installation is the problem.

I just received my (Cattman) Y-Pipe the other week from Brian and it is a thing of beauty. While I was doing research on my y-pipe purchase I called Cattman and spoke with Brian directly and made my decision to purchase the Cattman Y-pipe and placed my order with him on the same call.

Brian also answered all my questions and explained the "one" stud that needed to be trimmed up to fit correctly because on the angle the tube is bent for ground clearance and performance reasons.

When I received my box from Cattman (Quickly) AZ - PA, everything I needed was included, install kit instructions w/ gaskets and advice on my O2 sim. The job was not hard at all (with Air Tools and a lift).

Also enclosed was the tech note doc on exactly where the stud needed to be trimmed with a Dremel. Brian always answers the phone and is very pleasant to speak with and very knowledgeable about his products and the Maxima itself.
*Also he owns one*

Old 12-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Thanks for the words of support, I must have missed any comment about leaking - and of course, our y-pipes do not leak. I'll just mention that the dremel adjustment to a stud is specific to the design of the 02/03 Maxima, this is not necessary with any of out other y-pipe applications.

Brian

Originally Posted by Time2go!
Cattman Y-pipes DO NOT leak! Your installation is the problem.

I just received my (Cattman) Y-Pipe the other week from Brian and it is a thing of beauty. While I was doing research on my y-pipe purchase I called Cattman and spoke with Brian directly and made my decision to purchase the Cattman Y-pipe and placed my order with him on the same call.

Brian also answered all my questions and explained the "one" stud that needed to be trimmed up to fit correctly because on the angle the tube is bent for ground clearance and performance reasons.

When I received my box from Cattman (Quickly) AZ - PA, everything I needed was included, install kit instructions w/ gaskets and advice on my O2 sim. The job was not hard at all (with Air Tools and a lift).

Also enclosed was the tech note doc on exactly where the stud needed to be trimmed with a Dremel. Brian always answers the phone and is very pleasant to speak with and very knowledgeable about his products and the Maxima itself.
*Also he owns one*
Old 12-19-2006, 03:39 PM

i will be parting my 02 y for HS headers. although, and thanks brian i did get the BEAUTIFUL cattman C/B this week and its going on saturday
Old 12-19-2006, 05:59 PM
CAN YOU PUT IT ON THE WALL?

Originally Posted by Cattman
That would be nice, but we'll barely begin shipping the new production by Xmas, much less putting them on special. Actually the special is the current $799 introductory price, it will go up to $849 once we've sold the first 50 units (we're holding about 40 backorders now).

Howzabout placing the order for a late Xmas present - I WILL EVEN COME OUT AND HELP WITH THE INSTALL! we should be able to fill it before the end of January, and no money changes hands until your part is ready.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
spoken like a true gentleman(read salesman) So it's a deal since I heard you say you'd come out to help with the install? lol? Is it really 8hrs of labor to do the header and Y on the 02-03? Remember, I live in Salt central 5mos out of the year...ever seen white blacktop? visit NY in Nov-March. we'll have to see...it is the only good hp mod I have left that is just a bolt on-well, within reason! I will give you a call in the next couple days Brian. Thank you. You've always been a great help.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:41 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by IWNTMORHP!!
spoken like a true gentleman(read salesman) So it's a deal since I heard you say you'd come out to help with the install? lol? Is it really 8hrs of labor to do the header and Y on the 02-03? Remember, I live in Salt central 5mos out of the year...ever seen white blacktop? visit NY in Nov-March. we'll have to see...it is the only good hp mod I have left that is just a bolt on-well, within reason! I will give you a call in the next couple days Brian. Thank you. You've always been a great help.

You have no idea how useless it would be to have me on hand for an installation. And no need to learn with the mechanic who works on my car, the guy's incredible. The key to a speedy, efficient header install is knowing the car really well and being a very good wrench.

That's why I suggest finding a Nissan Master Tech that knows something about performance rather than a tech in a performance shop that knows a little about Nissans. I've seen the former install install headers perfectly in three hours for $100 (total), without hurrying (if there's an O2 simulator that needs to be installed, add 45-60 minutes), and I've seen the latter take two days @ $80/hour, do a **** poor job, whine like they've been to the gates of hell, and try to cover for their incompetance by claiming a perfect part won't fit.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 12-20-2006, 10:57 AM
Time2go!

Thanks again Brian for the great Y-pipe and advice on my intake.