5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

anyone ever heard of option-r catbacks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 05:47 AM

anyone ever heard of option-r catbacks?

im in the position now that i can mod my vehicle, and i was looking for affordable mods for my 02 max se. i have ran across the website carid.com just by browsing and custommaxima. carid has a cat back on there called option-r . im not very sure if it a good brand or reliable, wondering if any of you guys heard of one of these.

here is the link to the site:

http://www.carid.com/2002-nissan-max...-10035396.html

what i plan on doing is
cat back exhaust
hi flow cat
CAI
lowering springs
possibly new rotors
and maybe headers
Old 05-31-2013, 06:04 AM

Most likely crap. Most things on that site are
Old 05-31-2013, 06:31 AM

Looks like an imitation Greddy Evo 2 exhaust.

I wouldn't trust those imitation exhausts. Welds are probably crap, most likely made of polished galvanized steel which would wear out and rust before you know it.

Sound quality is probably going to be crap too. You should either go Cattman or custom with the right parts.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:55 AM

The srs catback exhaust is pretty good for the cost.. i have the srs catback duel tip and i love it...some drone but i dont really mind it.. for the price its a good exhaust...direct bold on and had zero problems putting it on. can find it on ebay
Old 05-31-2013, 07:35 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by tokenblackidVQ
im in the position now that i can mod my vehicle, and i was looking for affordable mods for my 02 max se. i have ran across the website carid.com just by browsing and custommaxima. carid has a cat back on there called option-r . im not very sure if it a good brand or reliable, wondering if any of you guys heard of one of these.

what i plan on doing is
cat back exhaust
hi flow cat
CAI
lowering springs
possibly new rotors
and maybe headers
With the $$$ spent on a catback, intake and HFC, you're better off getting headers and getting a better HP/$ ratio.

So, maybe invert the list.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:42 AM

im very open to all suggestions not very noob to car parts but i am very new to modding, thats why i come here!! but does anyone have any qualms with the custommaxima.com exhaust?

http://www.custommaxima.com/product/...o/Default.aspx

kinda on a budget but i want the megan racing, anyone know any affordable headers?
Old 05-31-2013, 09:30 AM

^ I dont' think anyone here will advise you go with them. You MAY get your product, and you may not
Old 05-31-2013, 09:32 AM

okay!! that is good to know
what do you all reccomend as for header, and catback and highflow cat..
i know cattman is great but i dont have cattman money at this time!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:03 AM

ive been looking and im thinking about goin obx headers and tusdo cat back with hi flow cat
Old 05-31-2013, 01:48 PM

A wise man on here once advised me to forget about the catback until support mods are done. IMHO, headers and the NWP mods (spacers and bop) are the way to go. Catback and intake (sri or cai) are 90% noise and 10% performance. Every little counts but those two on their own do nothing but create noise.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by JWatZ
A wise man on here once advised me to forget about the catback until support mods are done. IMHO, headers and the NWP mods (spacers and bop) are the way to go. Catback and intake (sri or cai) are 90% noise and 10% performance. Every little counts but those two on their own do nothing but create noise.
What are NWP mods?
Old 06-02-2013, 08:28 AM

Seriously, use the search bar or Google. Basically these magical mini unicorns hop inside your motor and help the current horses out. Each unicorn has the power of about 10 horses so both mods get you roughly an additional 15 to 20 horsepower. Watch out for that unicorn with the rainbow horn though, he has no control of his bladder and will pass magical oil into your IM.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:19 AM

^^hahaha
Easy now, as much I hate to see all the spoon feeding to our recent "special" new members, we have seen much worse.

Good advice above, a cat-back is good to support other mods and is more noise than anything until you have those to back it up.

NWP is a company that makes some performance parts for our cars, made with very good quality and great service. The owners name is Aaron, he's a really nice guy.

I would suggest the intake manifold spacer kit and a BOP(block off plate), great bang for your buck and relatively easy to install. Now go research them.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by tokenblackidVQ

what i plan on doing is
cat back exhaust
hi flow cat
CAI
lowering springs
possibly new rotors
and maybe headers
Looks just like a Ebay one for Double the Price....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-03-NISSAN-MAXIMA-3-5-V6-BBP-STAINLESS-STEEL-HIGH-FLOW-CATBACK-EXHAUST-01-02-/400381046044?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AMaxima&hash=item5d3891ed1c&vxp=mtr
Old 06-02-2013, 11:12 AM

Headers would go with these, and get those NWP Spacers and BOP also...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Racing-Sports-SS-Exhaust-Manifold-Headers-02-03-Nissan-Maxima-3-5L-V6-NEW-/171041278547?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AMaxima&hash=item27d2daca53&vxp=mtr
Old 06-03-2013, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Brl24
^^hahaha
Easy now, as much I hate to see all the spoon feeding to our recent "special" new members, we have seen much worse.

Good advice above, a cat-back is good to support other mods and is more noise than anything until you have those to back it up.

NWP is a company that makes some performance parts for our cars, made with very good quality and great service. The owners name is Aaron, he's a really nice guy.

I would suggest the intake manifold spacer kit and a BOP(block off plate), great bang for your buck and relatively easy to install. Now go research them.

I gotcha....
Old 06-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Banned

no you should get a catman catback for $900. All others are crap.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by FastnFuriousMax
no you should get a catman catback for $900. All others are crap.
That's funny because I just recently read:

It's just an overpriced cat back exhaust. Get over it.

You guys just keep humping cattman's leg constantly and I don't understand why. I bought a custom made 3'' mandrel bent exhaust for under $450 years ago.

You can have one custom made and pick out all the components you want for LESS than his price tag.

You are buying a cat back that is 1/5 the value of the car if not closer to 1/4 that is just a stupid move financially when their are less expensive options which offer the exact same performance.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Banned

That's funny because I just recently read:
I was joking.

It is a rip off when you can have the same performance for 1/2 the price.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:32 PM

I was joking.

It is a rip off when you can have the same performance for 1/2 the price.
Not everyone can sense sarcasm through a forum post, know what I mean? Maybe the OP would of taken that seriously, sold his Maxima, bought a Honda hatch to mod out instead, and then woke up one day to realize he hated his now regretful life and killed himself... all because of a failure to pick up on your sarcasm.

It could happen, I've seen similar things in Direct TV commercials
Old 06-05-2013, 06:28 AM
Banned

Not everyone can sense sarcasm through a forum post, know what I mean? Maybe the OP would of taken that seriously, sold his Maxima, bought a Honda hatch to mod out instead, and then woke up one day to realize he hated his now regretful life and killed himself... all because of a failure to pick up on your sarcasm.

It could happen, I've seen similar things in Direct TV commercials
Direct tv is the spawn of satan, stuff like that happens. However I will try and keep my sarcasm to myself. I would hate to have his purchase on my conscience.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:42 PM

I installed Option Group N1 T304 Stainless Cat-Back Exhaust from eBay at 147k. Cost me $130 shipped. Has been on the car for well over 3+ years and I now have 186K on the car. No leaks, no cracks, no issues.

It appears to be the same exact one as the OP linked to but much cheaper.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:48 PM

awesome thanks for the input folks ive been a bit vacant bc ive been working my *** off. buying a lot of parts soon not having them installed all the same time but buying them as i can come by them. i really wanna lower my car so i have bought MR lowering springs, weapon r intake so far.
then i will get the NWP bop and maybe obx headers, and tsudo exhaust
i need a new paint job and the body shops wanna charge me 3.5k for a factory paint eff thant noise!!, i know a guy who does amazing wraps and imma go to him when i have a chance. here is his work if you are in the Charlotte nc area: https://www.facebook.com/CLDesignsofLakeNorman?fref=ts

and the finale are my wheels!!!! 18 tsw nurburring bronze matte wheels.. oh yeah baby

Last edited by tokenblackidVQ; 06-07-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:58 PM

NWP mods, custom make a short ram, gut the cats, screw the headers, and get a custom mandrel bent exhaust or buy the cattman. Case closed