5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Angel Eyes Ebay's E46 WHITES installed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 10:11 PM

Angel Eyes Ebay's E46 WHITES installed!

Hey guys as some of you know from Saucisse's thread: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=467563 he already installed the blue version of these LED Angels, but various people wanted to see my WHITE's installed. I also took the opportunity to paint the headlight housing black and install the clear turn signal lens. Gotta say I'm really happy with these and the blackout with clear lens looks amazing. I'll post some day pics ASAP but thought you would like to see the Angel night shots.

Taken with flash

Taken without flash

With flash

without flash

No ballasts, no temperture sensitvity, and $25!

PS Everything was going great until I went to install the Chromedome 7440 amber bulbs I had ordered from Autoillumination.com, seems my 2 yr old daughter liked them and walked off somewhere! Had to order another set.

Here's the ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...QQcmdZViewItem

Just as a heads up to other who may do this in the future NYPD-ARNOLD HINT HINT the only mistake I made is I think I used too much glue, the plastic rings are ribbed on the back which helps to spread the light from one LED at one end to the other LED at the other end I believe, but a lot of glue fills the ribs and somewhat diffuses the light, but nothing major, other than that they are great. Maybe Saucisse could chime in on this?

Old 04-23-2006, 10:32 PM
Drug Money

holy shit dude!

That's soooo clean! looks JUST like umnitza dde's! I'm coping a set!

ebay link plz!
Old 04-23-2006, 10:37 PM

Wow that looks great especially for the price of them! I'll be ordering a set soon. Btw, since you also live in Canada, what did you pay for shipping & how did the seller ship it to you?
Old 04-23-2006, 10:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ask someone to drive in front of you at night & see if these angel eyes' light seem to scatter everywhere when driving or if its pretty even flowed throughout. because I questioned that very possibility with those lower priced angel eyes, I came across this seller that has a set that will prevent that from happening---> EBAY LINK <---

Backside of each ring is attached with custom-made high quality aluminum backing - This feature prevents light diffusing inside the headlamps and eliminate glare effect that happens on other competitions' kits. The aluminum backing greatly helps light projecting forward instead of letting it scatter out within the headlamps. Thus our kit gives a clear halo look.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:57 AM

Like MAXRB8 said, if you put too much glue you may have some light output issues. And don't forget to use a glue that will stay clear when drying.

Nice job dude!
Old 04-24-2006, 05:14 AM

Looks great. Can't wait to put mine on.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:26 AM
You embarrass me.

They look awesome man. Please post more pix, even daytime would be nice. We got the same cars, and Ive really wanted to see what the black housings look like on a black 02-03. You did exactly what I want, so I'm envious. Any opinions on the eBay DDEs would be appreciated.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:35 AM
Z

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! =D
Old 04-24-2006, 08:06 AM

I'll get some soon too, looks great
Old 04-24-2006, 10:46 AM

i still got my blue ones...
but they wont fit on the small ring....
but after i closed my headlight i figured out that they need to go on the outside of the ring thingy....
so yeah, i'll prbly give it a another shot some other weekend....
huso
Old 04-24-2006, 10:56 AM
Former Sponsor

http://www.umnitza.com/angeleyes.php
just read this before you throw your $30 away.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Z

Ok then, if we're not satisfied with the output, we'll spend the $55 for the CCFL version instead. And if we're not happy with those, we'll splurge the $175 on yours.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by umnitza
http://www.umnitza.com/angeleyes.php
just read this before you throw your $30 away.
Yea o.k. give us a link of information from your website.. I am fine with spending $30 on a product and deal with problems that MAY occur. Rather then spend $150-$200 and deal with the reoccurring issues of your set. You did not even stand behind your product and solve my problem when I called you months ago.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by NYPD-Arnold
Ok then, if we're not satisfied with the output, we'll spend the $55 for the CCFL version instead. And if we're not happy with those, we'll splurge the $175 on yours.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:13 PM
Very sound, Mike

Good job MAXRB8! If you don't mind me asking, which glue did you use? I tried the 5 minute epoxy but it wouldn't stay put - had to reopen the headlamps thrice in a row after i noticed it coming off shortly after sealing it.

Umnitza, no offense, your product is good and all, but no need to go on about how much better it is versus your competitor in both threads. Take this into consideration, some things are pricier and arguably better than others, but not everyone can afford the expensive counterpart - so people go with what they're comfortable with. There's nothing wrong with that.

By the way, some of your entries in that "FAQ" table of yours are misleading.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Mass_Media™

I prefer to pay the extra for a good product. They look good, but I don't like buying things off ebay.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by soundmike

Umnitza, no offense, your product is good and all, but no need to go on about how much better it is versus your competitor in both threads. Take this into consideration, some things are pricier and arguably better than others, but not everyone can afford the expensive counterpart - so people go with what they're comfortable with. There's nothing wrong with that.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:55 PM

thay look nice
Old 04-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Explain which.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:06 PM

wow i am very surprised at how these look! could you take some pictures with the headlights on (warmed up) just to see how well they match? are they really as blue as the pictures without the flash show? How bright are they in real life? $25 is definitely worth giving them a try...i might get some and give my headlights an overhaul before maxus (wetsand, DDEs, etc.) Thanks for the pics!
Old 04-24-2006, 03:08 PM
Very sound, Mike

The comparison table. I compared the "Ebay LED" to your DDE's locally and unless i'm missing something, the LED is much easier to install since the wiring is very straightforward. There is no necessary soldering involved, takes just as much, if not lesser time to install than your DDE's and definitely will not take an expert to figure out. Then again, i'm comparing these points for Maxima applications, using just these two types of rings - it may be different for BMW's.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:17 PM

They look very nice, great job. Much better then the extreme blue ones.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:49 PM

Good job MAXRB8! If you don't mind me asking, which glue did you use? I tried the 5 minute epoxy but it wouldn't stay put - had to reopen the headlamps thrice in a row after i noticed it coming off shortly after sealing it.

I also used the 5 min epoxy and one did come off so I had to re open, but I found I didn't get the glue mix right and once I got that correct they held like.......... glue!
Old 04-24-2006, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by LA02MAX
wow i am very surprised at how these look! could you take some pictures with the headlights on (warmed up) just to see how well they match? are they really as blue as the pictures without the flash show? How bright are they in real life? $25 is definitely worth giving them a try...i might get some and give my headlights an overhaul before maxus (wetsand, DDEs, etc.) Thanks for the pics!.
The blue effect doesn't show up in real life, they are very much like the shots "with flash"
Old 04-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Very sound, Mike

Originally Posted by MAXRB8
I also used the 5 min epoxy and one did come off so I had to re open, but I found I didn't get the glue mix right and once I got that correct they held like.......... glue!
Thanks! I need to revisit this, i thought it was odd that one of the tubes was pushing more liquid than the other - that could be the culprit.

Please post daytime pics when you get a chance.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:42 PM

i wish you had a better camera. but thanks for posting the pic anyways. it is well worth 30 bucks to try it. i mean what have i got to lose? 30 is still better than 150. and if you look at BMW halos theyre not really that bright, and thats how i wanted it to be, so this just might work out for me. good job rb8
Old 04-24-2006, 04:45 PM

is it the E36 or E46, or are they both the same??
Old 04-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Very sound, Mike

The E46 are slightly larger, i bought the E36 which also fits with less stretching - i'd post some pics of it, but like i mentioned above i didn't glue them right so it came off.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:16 PM

Angle Eyes

Does anybody know another way we can get these (e46/36?) angel eyes off ebay??

I am sure that there is a way that they can be obtained for even cheaper then the price they are sold for on ebay.

If not, if we get enough people together we should get a group deal going. '

O and btw, they look really nice to me, the same look as umnitza dde's, easy install, and a 1/4 of the price. Also, I hear that umnitza has cold weather issues and such so these look like they the clear choice.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Z

Wow...that's weird. The E36 look smaller to me. I'm surprised they fit too.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Z

Originally Posted by beyd7
Does anybody know another way we can get these (e46/36?) angel eyes off ebay??

I am sure that there is a way that they can be obtained for even cheaper then the price they are sold for on ebay.

If not, if we get enough people together we should get a group deal going. '

O and btw, they look really nice to me, the same look as umnitza dde's, easy install, and a 1/4 of the price. Also, I hear that umnitza has cold weather issues and such so these look like they the clear choice.
Oh, come on. A Group Deal for a $35 item? Seriously, now. I knew that Maxima modders didn't like spending money, but this is crazy.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:21 PM

will super glue work guys?
i bought the epoxy or w/e its called the 60 sec glue from lowes....
but it was hard as **** to use it, like once i switched to another ring, my glue dried out ....and its so ****ing hard to use....
will super glue work?
it works for everything else.......
let me know asap guys
thanks a lot
huso selimovic
Old 04-24-2006, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by K Pazzo 6
ask someone to drive in front of you at night & see if these angel eyes' light seem to scatter everywhere when driving or if its pretty even flowed throughout. because I questioned that very possibility with those lower priced angel eyes, I came across this seller that has a set that will prevent that from happening---> EBAY LINK <---

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-...gel_eyes_4.jpg
Backside of each ring is attached with custom-made high quality aluminum backing - This feature prevents light diffusing inside the headlamps and eliminate glare effect that happens on other competitions' kits. The aluminum backing greatly helps light projecting forward instead of letting it scatter out within the headlamps. Thus our kit gives a clear halo look.
How do u know if these will fit a 03 Maxima head light?
Old 04-24-2006, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by callkiss
How do u know if these will fit a 03 Maxima head light?
Just a note.... our HI/LO beam are different sizes, so with the E46 ebay one's I used one glues on top of the chrome edge and the other glues on the outside edge, so even though the other ebay one's have an aluminum bottom, there's still going to be one pair thats glued from the side right on the plastic ring which may diffuse the light output.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Retro is new again

The LED have been around since the beginning, amazing how the "pet rock" is coming back into style even though it stings.

Want to compare an LED with our rings?
Sure:
Here

Originally Posted by user
The comparison table. I compared the "Ebay LED" to your DDE's locally and unless i'm missing something, the LED is much easier to install since the wiring is very straightforward. There is no necessary soldering involved,

*** You probably had them predone for you, in either case, you would expect to have to do about 16 individual solders to make them work.

takes just as much, if not lesser time to install than your DDE's and definitely will not take an expert to figure out.

our product doesn't require an expert - LEDs do, it's called soldering.

Then again, i'm comparing these points for Maxima applications, using just these two types of rings - it may be different for BMW's.
It's not about BMWs, it's about technology.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Very sound, Mike

Or should we say, "Marketing"? Yes, the resistors are already in place on thoese ebay LED's, but so is the wiring/ballasts on your product. I'm not sure i get your point.

Depending on which product you're talking about, the one from EBay does not take an expert to install. If you've seen it, you'll know what i mean.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:36 PM
THIS IS...

I dunno, I like umnitzas stuff. These LED Angel Eyes are looking better every time i see them.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:49 PM

Umnitza can't take competition well I guess.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Z

The LED rings in that BMW are completely f*cked. And you can tell.

But like I said before, there are CCFL versions being sold for $55 too if people feel the lighting on these LEDs isn't sufficient enough. But we shall soon find out how it is when I get mine.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:59 PM

Retro is new again

The LED have been around since the beginning, amazing how the "pet rock" is coming back into style even though it stings.

Want to compare an LED with our rings?
Sure:
Here

Umnitza you came out with a product for the Max that nobody else offered at that time, I congratulate you for that. On the flip side, the after purchase service sucks: 1) the original angel eyes(light box), you don't offer replacement bulbs for, and the ones you do offer, have less light output. So if a bulb goes bad, you have to replace both bulbs or disconnect everything or upgrade to the predator line. 2) Most of the guys who purchased the predator lines have cold weather light up problems. You then come out with a cold weather ballast and charge them for it. When you call to purchase the predator line, the cold weather ballast are not offered, you have to specifically ask for it. For the past year I've been driving around with 1 angel eye working, as much as I like the look of the predator line, I'm hesisitating to purchase it from you because I don't want to be in the same situtation next year. This appears to be good alternative.

Quick Reply: Angel Eyes Ebay's E46 WHITES installed!