5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Ebay's E46 angeleyes installed !

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 12:11 PM

well i just got my angel eyes...
iam happy,
and iam bout to go test them out, b4 i open the headlight, but can anyone tell me what "GLUE" should i use to attach these.....
i'll go to autozone to get some, but i need to know which one, pls help me out
huso
Old 04-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Very sound, Mike

Yep, just got mine too and have tested it out. It works as advertised, but i can't help but notice that the pairs are not lighted evenly.

I'm aware that LED Angel eyes will never light uniformly from end to end *within* the same ring. But the set i have are not uniformly lit *between* rings. One ring is brighter than the other.

Additionally, on one ring, the light is pretty uneven, almost like the plastic was molded wrong or the LED light inserted at an angle.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:53 PM
Very sound, Mike

Originally Posted by shift_2kmaxima
iam happy,
and iam bout to go test them out, b4 i open the headlight, but can anyone tell me what "GLUE" should i use to attach these.....
huso
OP suggested this in one of his earlier posts, might be worth a shot -> Lepage 5 Flexible Plastic Adhesive
Old 04-19-2006, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by shift_2kmaxima
iam happy,
huso
I might have to invest in a set of these. But, I'll wait 'til I see how everything works out from others installing these. Please post pics and final results. Anyway, doesn't the set come with clips? If not, for glue I would use a fast drying epoxy to hold up for permanent install. May I ask which rings did you get? What color? I wonder if these LED's can be swapped for higher mcd's?
Old 04-19-2006, 04:04 PM

I just installed the Umnitza DDE so I hope they last for a while, as for cold weather I no longer drive the max in winter, it stay in the garage from nov to april. If I ever have to open the HID again, I'll put a set of E46, they look nice.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by NYPD-Arnold
Dammit...AT-Motorsports only has them in blue for $35.
Are you sure? I ordered mine on Monday.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Z

I don't see any listings for white ones! The only ones I see are the CCFL but those are $90.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:32 PM

A lot of people are sending me PM's regarding the following: It's the E46 that I've installed on my car, I do not know if the E36 kit fits or not our model.

Yes the E46 kit comes with installation instructions and clips but they are USELESS for OUR APPLICATION. Remember, you HAVE TO CUSTOM FIT this kit since it was designed for direct fit on a BMW E46. You choose the glue you want as long as it meets these 2 things: must support high temp and must stay clear when drying.

Cheers!
Old 04-19-2006, 05:05 PM

I don't see any listings for white ones! The only ones I see are the CCFL but those are $90.
Email the seller.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Saucisse
A lot of people are sending me PM's regarding the following: It's the E46 that I've installed on my car, I do not know if the E36 kit fits or not our model.

Yes the E46 kit comes with installation instructions and clips but they are USELESS for OUR APPLICATION. Remember, you HAVE TO CUSTOM FIT this kit since it was designed for direct fit on a BMW E46. You choose the glue you want as long as it meets these 2 things: must support high temp and must stay clear when drying.

Cheers!
Very helpful, thanks.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:28 PM

I just added another pic on my site so you can see (in red) where you need to fix/glu the rings.

Hope this will help some who already hasked me...sorry I didn't had a better picture to show it.

http://public.fotki.com/saucisse/cus...ing_point.html
Old 04-19-2006, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Saucisse
I just added another pic on my site so you can see (in red) where you need to fix/glu the rings.

Hope this will help some who already hasked me...sorry I didn't had a better picture to show it.

http://public.fotki.com/saucisse/cus...ing_point.html
The more info the better, thanks.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-0...ayphotohosting

$35 and right down the street from me. I always liked the look of the Angel Eyes, I just thought the price for them was stupid.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Z

I wonder if those will fit...they're from a different seller and there are no dimensions displayed. Let us know.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Lumbee1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-0...ayphotohosting

$35 and right down the street from me. I always liked the look of the Angel Eyes, I just thought the price for them was stupid.
Man i love it when people buy cheap sht off ebay then they're like oh man i got screwed well goo luck with those.
Personaly i think those one look way to big on the headlights BUT thats just my taste they are your cars you guys do what you want.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by SuperStasiu
Man i love it when people buy cheap sht off ebay then they're like oh man i got screwed well goo luck with those.
Personaly i think those one look way to big on the headlights BUT thats just my taste they are your cars you guys do what you want.
How is it cheap sht if it is meant for the BMW?
Old 04-19-2006, 07:18 PM

I wonder if those will fit...they're from a different seller and there are no dimensions displayed. Let us know.
Those should fit as the ones ( white ) I got from the other ebay guy were made for the E46, but I noticed they are not LED, they are CCFL's so would they have some cold weather issues, durability etc? Also these one's have a connecting bar accross the top so there's no flex for modifying the fitment to our lamps. There's a guy on the forum selling a blue set in the for sale section.

BTW NYPD-Arnold is the LED seller on ebay going to get any more white one's? I'm sure they will, if not I'm wondering if the blue LED ones could be changed out to White? There only two per ring one at each end, I'll take a look at mine and see if the LED can be pulled out or if it's actually glued in.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by 03maxima1
How is it cheap sht if it is meant for the BMW?
Uhmm since when does something for a BMW cost 35 bucks.... Wait maybe one of the button might. Someone find out.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:37 PM

Uhmm since when does something for a BMW cost 35 bucks.... Wait maybe one of the button might. Someone find out.
It's a small lighting accessory sold on Ebay not from the parts department at the dealership di(k. Why do you bother looking in this thread since it is clear you do not approve of them. I do not understand people like you who keep posting in a thread they don't have any interest in.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:23 PM

It's a small lighting accessory sold on Ebay not from the parts department at the dealership di(k. Why do you bother looking in this thread since it is clear you do not approve of them. I do not understand people like you who keep posting in a thread they don't have any interest in.

I totally agree! I'd sure like to see this guys Maxima....... if he has one! I bet it's loaded with high priced goodies!
Old 04-19-2006, 09:54 PM

Does anyone know if this will work with the HIDs on my I35?
I love the look of them but even if it fit I would be VERY wary of cracking open my headlights that are like more than a grand to replace. I dont have a good record modifying anything thats breakable... lets just put it this way anytime I have done something to the interior at least one little piece of plastor or other trim falls victim to my clumsiness so I feel much more comfortable under the car.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:04 PM

btw I just noticed the led doesnt go all the way around the headlight. On top there is like 2 inches with no light.. so it looks like a U around your headlight instead of the real thing. Can you see this when its installed?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:09 PM

Aw man, I got screwed out of $150 bucks too for the Umnitzas. Don't feel too bad. Actually, I'm out over $190 now because of breaking one while installing it trying to make it fit. Then I get the replacement for that and it burns out in 30 minutes. I love the way they look but there is definitely some quality issues there.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by sciff5
btw I just noticed the led doesnt go all the way around the headlight. On top there is like 2 inches with no light.. so it looks like a U around your headlight instead of the real thing. Can you see this when its installed?
Same thing with the Umnitza DDE's if you're referring to the Umnitza's as the "real thing"
Old 04-19-2006, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by MAXRB8
Same thing with the Umnitza DDE's if you're referring to the Umnitza's as the "real thing"
I wasnt talking about the umnitzas I was talking about the ones that actually come on a lot of BMWs. Jeesh couldent they have made the LED a LITTLE longer so it came together more at the top instead of making a U shape.. it just makes it look kinda cheap. I was really pumped, in fact I was sure I was gonna buy them till I saw that. I was as pumped as NYPD-Arnold if you can believe it. But now I'm gonna wait and see what the reviews are from other people. BTW I dont know why everyone is hating on the blues.. thats what I'de get but I dont know how it would look on a silver I35
Old 04-19-2006, 10:37 PM

this is the type of thing I meen when I say the real thing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-03...57731039QQrdZ1
Old 04-19-2006, 11:11 PM

this is the type of thing I meen when I say the real thing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-03...57731039QQrdZ1
you mean the real "Fake" thing...those are ebay projectors...i do NOT like those pieces of crap. Anything of e-bay that is made aftermarket for our car is destined to have fitment issues. But i see what you mean about the rings, but those end up being smalled then the ones we have in the stock headlights. ALSO they are smaller rings on the projectors.

P.S. the DDE's you cant even see the top past the headlight housing because of the angle..i think they look good both ways. But what the hell do i know, im 19 and im studying calc 2 at 11.46 GREAT!
Old 04-19-2006, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by PandaXpress
you mean the real "Fake" thing...those are ebay projectors...i do NOT like those pieces of crap. Anything of e-bay that is made aftermarket for our car is destined to have fitment issues. But i see what you mean about the rings, but those end up being smalled then the ones we have in the stock headlights. ALSO they are smaller rings on the projectors.

P.S. the DDE's you cant even see the top past the headlight housing because of the angle..i think they look good both ways. But what the hell do i know, im 19 and im studying calc 2 at 11.46 GREAT!
I never said those projectors I linked to were high quality I just said thats the look I want
Old 04-19-2006, 11:51 PM

Well I'm hoping to have my white LED Angel's installed this Sunday/Monday so we'll see how they look.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:18 AM
Very sound, Mike

It's not very noticeable. I think if anything, the design is to compensate for variances (gives the angel eyes some flex to move, at least for this LED version). Plus, if you'll notice, the "circles" on our lamps aren't entirely round either. It's flat on the top.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:19 AM

Well I'm hoping to have my white LED Angel's installed this Sunday/Monday so we'll see how they look.
Good luck.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:24 AM

Not sure why people stand by the umnitza brand so much. They are extremely fragile and not reliable to work well. People are constantly on here complaining about braking one or two and having to buy replacements or one ring going out or turning purple. All that trouble and the price is $199. I bought a set but then changed my mind and sold them. I didn't think the trouble of the install was worth my time or money for repair given the track record. Hopefully these LEDs will work well.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by soundmike
Yep, just got mine too and have tested it out. It works as advertised, but i can't help but notice that the pairs are not lighted evenly.

I'm aware that LED Angel eyes will never light uniformly from end to end *within* the same ring. But the set i have are not uniformly lit *between* rings. One ring is brighter than the other.

Additionally, on one ring, the light is pretty uneven, almost like the plastic was molded wrong or the LED light inserted at an angle.
Like i said you get what you paid for
Old 04-20-2006, 04:26 PM

Just voiceing my opinion so that everyone doesnt jump on them at once. Also my car i did have a body kit, rims, 2k2 headlight ddes, but im takeing all that off and trying to build an all motor car. Hey im not saying DONT DO IT THEY ARE RICE im just offering a diff view on them so that someone who has never seen these has some idea of what he is getting into.
As far as my car parts list well.. hotshot headers,frankencar catback,injen intake, CM strut bar, progressive rear sway bar, warpspeed springs, and thats it. Well currently we are rebuilding a 5speed tranny to do a 5spd swap. All parts for the swap are oem nissan brand new except for the pedals and the ss stainless steel clutch line. I will be getting a fidanza flywheel and exedy stage 1 clutch. I have learned the hard way that you get what you pay and am just offering advise so that people dont throw away their money.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:29 PM

looks good to me yeah the rings are a little thicker, so what? id take this over umnitzas, 35>200.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Teufelhunden
looks good to me yeah the rings are a little thicker, so what? id take this over umnitzas, 35>200.
Good job. What kind of glue did you use?
Old 04-20-2006, 05:57 PM

Like i said you get what you paid for
I wish you could say the same thing with the Umnitza brand.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:28 PM

u people are so scared to try something different. i've done this in my 3rd many years ago and people was afraid to try the alternative at the time. be innovative, we have options now so use them.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:29 PM

Good job. What kind of glue did you use?
Not sure what they used but I've seen two write ups for the Umnitza's and they used home depot 5 min epoxy, so I'm using that on the LED angels
Old 04-20-2006, 06:57 PM

Not sure what they used but I've seen two write ups for the Umnitza's and they used home depot 5 min epoxy, so I'm using that on the LED angels
Thanks I'll look into it.

Quick Reply: Ebay's E46 angeleyes installed !