5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Met the owner of this SCed 5th gen at a local car show tonite...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 08:19 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Met the owner of this SCed 5th gen at a local car show tonite...

I know someone has posted about this car before, I first saw the car at Import Xpression 2k3 in boston back in April but tonite he was at a cruise night event I regularly attend every monday night. I got to park next to him and I finally got to talk to him and hes got some good stuff done. The car is bagged, supercharged, Zex N2O kit, strobes, R-33 taillights its got at least 25k put into it. Heres some more pics of the car:

-Steve
Old 06-30-2003, 08:55 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

you would think he would upgrade the headlights to the HID for best appearance but I guess he likes the 2k style.

lots of work done though...many props
Old 06-30-2003, 08:57 PM

Was this guys car stick or auto??
Old 06-30-2003, 09:06 PM

I'm not really feelin it, especially the skyline tails
Old 06-30-2003, 09:20 PM

Originally posted by 2M0A0X2
I'm not really feelin it, especially the skyline tails
I like them. I bet he was an auto though. What was is 1/4 mile?
Old 06-30-2003, 11:00 PM

hot car...but to bad he went cheap way out and didnt even get a true paint job...the engine area doesnt even match the rest of the car...everyhting else is painted sheer silver and the engine is balck??? come on dude!!!

i still think its hott tho!

-vishaal
Old 06-30-2003, 11:18 PM

Originally posted by Woo Cho

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...63_61_full.jpg

I think it is an auto....cant see the clutch pedal from this picture. just guessing.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:12 AM
mjg

Re: Met the owner of this SCed 5th gen at a local car show tonite...

Originally posted by scmaxima2k

I know someone has posted about this car before, I first saw the car at Import Xpression 2k3 in boston back in April but tonite he was at a cruise night event I regularly attend every monday night. I got to park next to him and I finally got to talk to him and hes got some good stuff done. The car is bagged, supercharged, Zex N2O kit, strobes, R-33 taillights its got at least 25k put into it. Heres some more pics of the car:

-Steve

the rims look like they were stolen off of one of puff daddy's car. I wonder if they still spin when the car stops.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:16 AM

Old 07-01-2003, 06:19 AM
2-Wheelin it...

Re: Re: Met the owner of this SCed 5th gen at a local car show tonite...

maybe i'm just being picky, but is that rear valence coming off. seems like it was simply stuck on. for putting that much money, he could have simply molded the kit. 10x's better and much more show quality.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:38 AM
Blu
the tits

Re: Re: Re: Met the owner of this SCed 5th gen at a local car show tonite...

Originally posted by PoLo
maybe i'm just being picky, but is that rear valence coming off. seems like it was simply stuck on. for putting that much money, he could have simply molded the kit. 10x's better and much more show quality.
I just noticed that too. The rear valence is sagging like a ****. I actaully like the tails b/c it makes the rear look less bubbly. Well he gets a for being creative.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:39 AM
NT2SHBBY

I don't like the tails on the max...doesn't flow right....and I certainly ain't feelin the rear Stillen valence coming off the bumper

Old 07-01-2003, 06:42 AM
2-Wheelin it...

now THIS is a nice valence... ...mold it the first time, and walk away lookin like a pimp...

Old 07-01-2003, 06:43 AM
NT2SHBBY

now THIS is a nice valence... ...mold it the first time, and walk away lookin like a pimp...

wanna look like a pimp?? get the rest of the kit molded on...

Old 07-01-2003, 07:33 AM

A few minor defects, overall the car looks P.I.M.P. me liky....I wonder how much it costs to do those tails like dat.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:35 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by bdog
A few minor defects, overall the car looks P.I.M.P. me liky....I wonder how much it costs to do those tails like dat.
close too 2k
Old 07-01-2003, 08:50 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO r u serious. 2k for that..........that is the biggest waste of 2k......the BIGGEST.... for 2k hahahahhahahaha 2k can buy u so many betta things for your car.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:51 AM

i think those are lexani roma rims. however, even i would not put on bling bling rims if i had boost/nos. yet again, i wouldnt ride on anything but chrome if i had bags. either way, nice car.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:01 AM

To answer your questions:

Originally posted by WizzaMax
you would think he would upgrade the headlights to the HID for best appearance but I guess he likes the 2k style.

lots of work done though...many props
Yeah I was surprised about his headlights also, he noticed my AEs and asked me what I did to them and I explained they were OE on the 2k1 AEs.

Originally posted by Woo Cho
He is automatic running stock pulley on the SC. He said he had his entire tranny rebuilt and strengthened by Level 10 and it cost him 5 grand. He hasnt run the car at the track yet to see how quick it is but he said he thinks like high 13 with those wheels.

Originally posted by vsmax
hot car...but to bad he went cheap way out and didnt even get a true paint job...the engine area doesnt even match the rest of the car...everyhting else is painted sheer silver and the engine is balck??? come on dude!!!

i still think its hott tho!

-vishaal
I think his car was that satin blue color, It looked like a brand new paint job because his paint had no defects anywhere. I didnt ask him about it tho.

Originally posted by mjg

the rims look like they were stolen off of one of puff daddy's car. I wonder if they still spin when the car stops.
Yeah i wasnt feelin the wheels either and no they dont keep spinnin when he stops LOL.

I knew someone would notice this lol. He said someone hit him recently and messed it up so it falls off like that. He had it stuck on there at first, but then he started playin with the hydros and he was bouncin the rear end of the car up and down and it fell off again lol.

Originally posted by bdog
The tails looked pretty good to me especially when I saw him leaving. I asked him how much it cost him to do the tails and he wouldnt tell me exactly. All he said was that the car was in the shop for 2 months and it was too much money and headaches lol.

Overall the car is pretty tight, Im not feelin some parts of it like the wheels and the front lip tho. He said he does it all for show and only drives the car on nice days and to shows. I asked him if hes ever been on the org and he said someone told him about it and hes been on here a couple times but hasnt joined. It kinda sucked being next to his car at the show tho because everyone was looking at his max and using mine to lean up against while staring at his car .

-Steve
Old 07-01-2003, 11:12 AM

Originally posted by scmaxima2k
He is automatic running stock pulley on the SC. He said he had his entire tranny rebuilt and strengthened by Level 10 and it cost him 5 grand. He hasnt run the car at the track yet to see how quick it is but he said he thinks like high 13 with those wheels.
that depends on how many shots of juice he has....stock pulley will take off 1 second the most on 1/4 and that's on a manual 4th gen.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:37 AM

For all the money homeboy spent, he could be driving a pimped out G35 coupe. But to each his own. But he should at least do the manual conversion, since obviously he has the cash to blow on it.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:18 PM
mjg

the extreme cost: you must sell all of your taste, and invest in a big piece of cheese and call it a car.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:24 PM

Originally posted by Kojiro_FtT
For all the money homeboy spent, he could be driving a pimped out G35 coupe. But to each his own. But he should at least do the manual conversion, since obviously he has the cash to blow on it.
do u have to switch to 5 speed to boost? or will the vbmod and tranny cooler do the job? how come in the SC forum i see turboed and SC autos?? are they all paying 5 grand to level 10 because with that money i would seriously ditch my auto to a 5 speed
Old 07-01-2003, 11:56 PM

Originally posted by amaxeatinvtecs

do u have to switch to 5 speed to boost? or will the vbmod and tranny cooler do the job? how come in the SC forum i see turboed and SC autos?? are they all paying 5 grand to level 10 because with that money i would seriously ditch my auto to a 5 speed
to be honest with you...vb and tranny cooler will slow down the wear. auto tranny is going to give soon or later, depends on your driving style.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:48 AM

How would molding the rear valence cost aproximately?