4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Wiring issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 12:36 PM

Wiring issues

I know there was a TSB for the under hood harness. My question is where is the weak point?
I'm having a lot of trouble out of my max and I think it's a ground issue or that harness.
Throwing dumb *** codes.
Only way I can get it to start is by jumping the fuel pump relay. Fires up. Idles good. Give it gas and it bogs down then all of a sudden comes to life.
And some other Evap code or some ****.
Replaced every coil.
Both crank sensors.
Can sensor multiple times.
Maf.
You name it Ive done it.
I need to know where the weak point in the harness is to check it. Thanks.
Old 04-08-2016, 01:21 PM

I assume a typo on the 87?

What your talking about I think is:

Various Electrical Issues Due to Damaged Engine Wire Harness on Nissan Maxima
One or more wires in the engine wiring harness may break at the harness bend near the right strut tower. Symptoms include: Check Engine Light illumination, rough idle, drivability problems, and/or an inoperative air conditioner. Any broken wires will need to be repaired.
RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 169,277 (70,000–270,000)
9 model years affected: 1992, 1995, 1996, 1997, more

http://repairpal.com/wiring-harness-...trut-tower-412

Not to be mean but that took me 15 seconds of typing 97 Maxima wire harness issue into this box marked GOOGLE. Good luck either way.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Icemule
I assume a typo on the 87?

What your talking about I think is:

Various Electrical Issues Due to Damaged Engine Wire Harness on Nissan Maxima
One or more wires in the engine wiring harness may break at the harness bend near the right strut tower. Symptoms include: Check Engine Light illumination, rough idle, drivability problems, and/or an inoperative air conditioner. Any broken wires will need to be repaired.
RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 169,277 (70,000–270,000)
9 model years affected: 1992, 1995, 1996, 1997, more

http://repairpal.com/wiring-harness-...trut-tower-412

Not to be mean but that took me 15 seconds of typing 97 Maxima wire harness issue into this box marked GOOGLE. Good luck either way.
I've seen that. Doesn't explain a whole lot.
But You know. What the hell is the point of a forum if all you're gonna say is "search, Google blah blah blah" I did search. A lot. Every thread is old and the pictures are gone or nothing was ever accomplished. And some **** head in that thread says "do a search" so when I do a search I find some **** head saying "do a search"
"Bro why you bringing up something 2 years old? Tons of info online. Do a search bro"
"Bro it's proably your maf."

Bunch of bull**** answers if you ask me.
If you don't have any personal experience with the issue don't answer. Pretty simple.

It's not like I'm beating a dead ****ing horse here. It's not like I'm asking
"why is my check engine light on?!?"
"What can I do about my 9004 headlights?"
"What mods can I do to the maxima?"
"Rattling when engine cold normal?"
"Can I beat a v6 mustang?"

No. I'm asking about a wiring harness issue. Something nissan ****ed up on and just never really fixed. Ever.
Something that everytime I search for it I come to a dead end with no pictures. No help. No real answer.
I've looked for a schematic of the entire harness only to find one for the ecu. I've looked for pictures of the harness. I've looked for videos.
Nothing is checking out so again I ask,
Does anyone on here have first hand experience with the wiring harness issue?Or am I just **** out of luck?
Old 04-08-2016, 03:08 PM

http://www.lyberty.com/car/Maxima_A32_docs/EC-engine_control/NTB98-008b.pdf

Also if you wanna just throw some random link at me in an attempt to be a **** head, at least do something without a dead end.
The one you posted is some stupid repair pal **** that "you can ask a real mechanic!"
Old 04-08-2016, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Roachjuice
http://www.lyberty.com/car/Maxima_A32_docs/EC-engine_control/NTB98-008b.pdf

Also if you wanna just throw some random link at me in an attempt to be a **** head, at least do something without a dead end.
The one you posted is some stupid repair pal **** that "you can ask a real mechanic!"
O.K. Well here is a link you might like"

www.https.****off
Old 04-08-2016, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Icemule
O.K. Well here is a link you might like"

www.https.****off
Like I said. If you wanna be a **** head and say "Google search" Don't just Google it and copy the link without even opening it first to see if it's legit.
Seems like you need to brush up on your elite forum browser status. Looking for any opportunity to say "DO A SEARCH BRO!"
Old 04-08-2016, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Roachjuice
I know there was a TSB for the under hood harness. My question is where is the weak point?
I'm having a lot of trouble out of my max and I think it's a ground issue or that harness.
Throwing dumb *** codes.
Only way I can get it to start is by jumping the fuel pump relay. Fires up. Idles good. Give it gas and it bogs down then all of a sudden comes to life.
And some other Evap code or some ****.
Replaced every coil.
Both crank sensors.
Can sensor multiple times.
Maf.
You name it Ive done it.
I need to know where the weak point in the harness is to check it. Thanks.
I guess your back for a second helping of stupid, so I will oblige your utter ignorance. I don't enjoy hurting the learning disabled like yourself, as riding the short bus every day is reminder enough of your intellectual shortcoming.

As you can see by your ignoramus post, which by the way, belies a mind that is in constant turmoil between comprehension and thought. You can plainly see that you ask ONE question:

"My question is where is the weak point?"

You then make a series of statements (I provided a link so you can understand that word) https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/statement

Then you end by asking the same question:

"I need to know where the weak point in the harness is to check it. Thanks."

The link I provided, that I did read, tells you the answer to your question. I can't be held responsible for your awesome low Intelligence quotient. It's a gift you were born with, and a gift that keeps giving, in the form of my entertainment. And for that, I'm truly grateful.

I used some mighty big words there, so I'm going to help you out. Click on the "text to speech" link. http://www.text2speech.org/

Please get that wire fixed, don't want a fire to happen while you're driving.

Please keep me updated with your encouraging and witty comments.