4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Pulls hard under acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 04:36 AM

Pulls hard under acceleration

Soo on going issue, my car coasts fine perfectly straight but when i get on gas the steering wheel stays but my car starts pulling to the left and then when i take my foot off the gas it juts back to going nice and straight, no movement of steering wheel. Both inner/outer tirods new, just got allignment yesterday, tires brand new and all at the correct pressure. I am aware i need a drivers
Side LCA and bushing & ball joint.. Can this be my issue ? Can a bad lca or any of the components to it cause a pull under load only ?
Old 04-07-2014, 05:14 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Originally Posted by Patm-a32
. I am aware i need a drivers
Side LCA and bushing & ball joint..
Congratulations! You're one of only a handful that can answer their own question within a post.

But I'm curious as to why you wasted money on an alignment knowing you had to replace a major front end component?
Old 04-07-2014, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by njmaxseltd
Congratulations! You're one of only a handful that can answer their own question within a post.

But I'm curious as to why you wasted money on an alignment knowing you had to replace a major front end component?
I got the allignent and i was told there i needed the lca,
I said not for them to replace it cause i hate when mechanics do that. So i checked the lca myself and it does need replacing. If i knew i wouldnt have gotten an allignment lol
Old 04-07-2014, 05:27 AM

I said not for them to replace it cause i hate when mechanics do that. So i checked the lca myself and it does need replacing. If i knew i wouldnt have gotten an allignment lol
You hate when mechanics tell you what's wrong with your car? :-/
Old 04-07-2014, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by asand1
You hate when mechanics tell you what's wrong with your car? :-/
I didnt know the mechanic. I have my mechanic that i trust. And he wasnt available that day. Ive had bad experiences with being charged for things that were never even replaced, having them fix more than what was needed and all. Thats what i meant to say lol. But allso id rather do the lca rather than pay the labor. I just wanted to see if any of you guys knew if this was causing my issue thats all
Old 04-07-2014, 07:57 AM

I just wanted to see if any of you guys knew if this was causing my issue thats all
yes, it is a common cause /affect.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:13 AM

Ive also read bad trailing arm bushings can cause
This ? Idk if thats true but i need to change those along with the lateral link as well
Old 04-07-2014, 10:35 AM

so they told you you had bad a part and you did a alignment anyways? But yeah lca bushing will cause this issue. Fix the front end and go get it realigned
Old 04-07-2014, 03:56 PM

They did the allignment called me to get my car and told me i needed the lca bushings and the arm is completly gone so no point in doing just the bushings and ball joints
Old 04-07-2014, 09:48 PM

They did the allignment called me to get my car and told me i needed the lca bushings and the arm is completly gone so no point in doing just the bushings and ball joints
Ahhhhh I'm following you now. That's messed up if they aligned it with bad parts
Old 04-07-2014, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by deathwobble
Ahhhhh I'm following you now. That's messed up if they aligned it with bad parts

Greedy Bastards....
Old 04-07-2014, 10:55 PM

Wait wtf.

If you can not fix an alignment issue with a control arm on any 95-08 maxima (never worked on any other years can't speak for em) with bushings, then it is bent and it will never align correctly.

The only way for your car to be able to be aligned is with a slight magical bend that only effects the caster. Anything else and they won't be able to say they did jack diddly. With camber being off itll affect the toe and straight line steering of the vehicle. Toe is easily adjustable and not effected by the control arm. But if camber and caster is off you won't be able to get the toe in spec to drive the car straight.

You can not align a maxima properly with a bent control arm. So if they're saying they got the car aligned but it needs a control arm desperately... Something is amiss.

With that being said. How are le engine mounts?
Old 04-08-2014, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by aackshun
Wait wtf.

If you can not fix an alignment issue with a control arm on any 95-08 maxima (never worked on any other years can't speak for em) with bushings, then it is bent and it will never align correctly.

The only way for your car to be able to be aligned is with a slight magical bend that only effects the caster. Anything else and they won't be able to say they did jack diddly. With camber being off itll affect the toe and straight line steering of the vehicle. Toe is easily adjustable and not effected by the control arm. But if camber and caster is off you won't be able to get the toe in spec to drive the car straight.

You can not align a maxima properly with a bent control arm. So if they're saying they got the car aligned but it needs a control arm desperately... Something is amiss.

Yeah and idk what the hell they did, so im doing the control arm myself this saturday and going to my mechanic that i trust for a full suspension diagnose and a proper allignement haha
Old 04-08-2014, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by aackshun
Wait wtf.

trans mounts look to have been done by previous owner, i did motor mount bushings when i had the lower radiator support replaced because of corrosion 20000 miles ago

Last edited by Patm-a32; 04-08-2014 at 05:19 AM.