4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Wow ... No Raxles?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 10:15 AM

Wow ... No Raxles?

I contacted Raxles this morning for a price quote on left and right axle assemblies.

I got a reply back from Mr. Marty stating that they don't have them.

"Hi Ron,

Sorry to say we don't have these.

Marty

Celebrating our 21st Anniversary
www.raxles.com
sales@raxles.com
Raxles..Better With New ..Let Us Prove It!
Raxles Inc
2341 NW 71st Pl
Gainesville FL 32653
Toll Free 800-257-8192"

Other than Raxles, can anyone recommend a brand or supplier? ... other than Nissan who wants $521.00 per friggin axle .
Old 07-01-2013, 10:45 AM

There was another thread saying the same thing..can't find it now, but it is true.
OEM is the next best thing, or new axles/not reman.
I have a driver side one from napa that is doing fine so far. The passenger side is a raxle though.
Hope he still offers warranty.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:18 PM

Yea i got the same thing from them when i called a little over a month ago only the guy went on a rant about getting crappy cores back from people or somethin... can't really remember now although i remember thinkin it was weird cause i always thought their axles were new.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The Thread..http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...xle-axles.html

Your options are open but, it boils down to how much you want to pay. Looks like you already know the highest and the lowest will be to order some boot kits from nissan and rebuild yours if theyr're oem axles. The middle gonna be your nappa,autozone, ebay, etc.etc.etc. But some info on your car my help steer you in a better direction.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by MAXC
But some info on your car my help steer you in a better direction.
'99 SE L

Automatic

Non-LSD

Non-ABS

Not lowered

Not modded
Old 07-01-2013, 04:37 PM

Wow that sucks. Good thing I got OEM axles and rebuilt them with Nissan CV boot kits. I just checked them and those suckers are sealed shut without a hint of grease and no cracks in rubber.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:43 PM

Yeah I called him about a month ago and spoke with Marty on the phone as well. He said he kept getting crappy cores back and he wasn't really making any money on selling them for our cars. I was very disappointed but can't blame the guy if he isn't making any money. No point of having a business if you aren't doing that.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:34 PM

my napa axles are holding up fine, ( 2 years and oem seals ) and i got a lifetime warranty with them. $200.00 for both sides.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by OneFastStanza
Yeah I called him about a month ago and spoke with Marty on the phone as well. He said he kept getting crappy cores back and he wasn't really making any money on selling them for our cars. I was very disappointed but can't blame the guy if he isn't making any money. No point of having a business if you aren't doing that.
If that was the case, why didn't he just adjust his prices accordingly to see a margin of profit? Maybe someone should ask him how much would he have to set the price to per axle to see a profit.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:38 PM

i was planing on buying them too thats a bummer.

on a side note STAY AWAY FROM AUTOZONE. ive been through 7 autozone axles in 2 months. not to mention the headache of them giving me the manual axle when i have an auto then arguing with me saying its the right axle but it doesn't fit. "maybe you're installing it wrong" its a hassle and they give you the wrong part
Old 07-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Taking my Maxima to the Max!

His office is just a few miles down the road from me. If you guys have an offer of what you would be willing to pay to have proper Raxle axles and give him back decent cores, then maybe he would be willing to do some on a case by case basis. Let me know.

Mark
Old 07-01-2013, 08:05 PM
SLOW

i've never had a problem with parts store axles.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:28 PM

I ran with an aftermarket axle on my 96 for many years with no issues. I didn't baby it either.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:29 AM

I've tried to find information on who manufactures axles for Autozone, Advance Auto and NAPA ... no luck.

So I'm looking into these. They seem to be one of very few new (i.e. not reaman'd) pieces I can clearly link to a manufacturer:

A1-Cardone Select New

66-6147 (right) $71.97

66-6150 (left) $55.97

Limited Lifetime Warranty

Looks like Summit is the best place as they've got free shipping.

http://www.cardone.com/home

Last edited by Turbobink; 07-02-2013 at 05:36 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:31 AM

Just stay away from the reman axles.

I've been using napa and have no problems. When I used their reman, it sucked.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:38 AM

Makes me glad i rebooted the driver side in time to ssave the oem shaft.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:32 PM

We should round up a group buy and ser If will be intersed
Old 07-02-2013, 12:45 PM

Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Cardones from Summit.

I honestly did a crap-load of reading and searching and other than the Raxles, these seem to be the only ones that didn't come with some serious sketchiness manufacturer-wise. There appear to be a a lot of assemblies out there that are branded 2 and 3 times ... instills zero confidence even if an LLT is provided.

I've got front struts waiting to go in too so I 'spose I'll take care of it all at the same time.

Wish me luck ...

Last edited by Turbobink; 07-02-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:22 PM

Yeah that sucks! I used marty on my 5th gen and I payed more because i did a vlsd swap on my 5th max. My 97 has raxles on both sides but my the previous owner purchased these years back and they still are running fine today. I have used napa's axles and oem seals on my last max and they worked great.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:19 AM

I'm hopeful that in this case, the terms "new" and "LLT" really mean something.

Hopefully, because they're "new" there'll be no need for the "LLT"

Last edited by Turbobink; 07-05-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nightmare!

Hey gents, long time lurker here, never felt the need to post since i have mastered the art of both the search button and google-fu. Thanks to you guys i went from that clueless sap who didnt know what a sparkplug was 4 months ago to putting a full exhaust, struts and springs and a swaybar and all those nice bells and whistles in my driveway. What a trip! And without this community i would have never been able to educate myself and learn about my car.

Anyways, back to the topic. I have been saving up to finish fixing my car (front axles, that damn rad support) and lo and behold i find this thread stating raxles no longer supports our cars! As the dust boots on either side have been split for a long time (1-2 years; yikes!) and due to the scraping noise coming from my front wheelwells i have come to the understanding that my front axles are a tickkng timebomb of doom, especially now that my car is lowered. And now that raxles are no longer an option i am at a loss; im not having any luck finding a pair that are not reman'd, only finding the passenger side. Any recomendations?

Also if anyone is contacting marty at raxles, you can count me in on any group deal; id be willing to pay a premium above his old price if thats what it takes.

Sorry for the wall of text, and once again thanks fpr all the support ive been leeching off you guys!
Old 07-06-2013, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Slamrod
Nightmare!

Hey gents, long time lurker here, never felt the need to post since i have mastered the art of both the search button and google-fu. Thanks to you guys i went from that clueless sap who didnt know what a sparkplug was 4 months ago to putting a full exhaust, struts and springs and a swaybar and all those nice bells and whistles in my driveway. What a trip! And without this community i would have never been able to educate myself and learn about my car.

Anyways, back to the topic. I have been saving up to finish fixing my car (front axles, that damn rad support) and lo and behold i find this thread stating raxles no longer supports our cars! As the dust boots on either side have been split for a long time (1-2 years; yikes!) and due to the scraping noise coming from my front wheelwells i have come to the understanding that my front axles are a tickkng timebomb of doom, especially now that my car is lowered. And now that raxles are no longer an option i am at a loss; im not having any luck finding a pair that are not reman'd, only finding the passenger side. Any recomendations?

Also if anyone is contacting marty at raxles, you can count me in on any group deal; id be willing to pay a premium above his old price if thats what it takes.

Sorry for the wall of text, and once again thanks fpr all the support ive been leeching off you guys!
Napa has new axles for both sides.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Max_Gator
Napa has new axles for both sides.
Just checked them out, unfortunately i cant find any for my 99 that are not reman'd and for open differential. Is it possible that other years of 4th gen share the same axles as my 99 and the search filter is blocking them out?

This sucks, i saw nothing but raves about raxle axles and when i finally get the cash to buy them they are no more :/

Edit: would like to clarify that i am finding the appropiate left axle (manual w/o locking diff) but none for the right. Am i missing something?

Last edited by Slamrod; 07-07-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:48 PM

Just checked them out, unfortunately i cant find any for my 99 that are not reman'd and for open differential. Is it possible that other years of 4th gen share the same axles as my 99 and the search filter is blocking them out?

This sucks, i saw nothing but raves about raxle axles and when i finally get the cash to buy them they are no more :/

Edit: would like to clarify that i am finding the appropiate left axle (manual w/o locking diff) but none for the right. Am i missing something?
Napa has all new.
I'm on my phone, so hopefully this link works for you:
http://m.napaonline.com/parts/PartsL...0%26Ne%3d25000
They have more than one brand open diff for the right side. I only saw one brand for the left, but still new.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:23 PM

Also try rockauto. Got our axles from there last year.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Fakie J Farkerton
Napa has all new.
I'm on my phone, so hopefully this link works for you:
http://m.napaonline.com/parts/PartsL...0%26Ne%3d25000
They have more than one brand open diff for the right side. I only saw one brand for the left, but still new.
I was checking that link before, they have the left but im still not seeing any that would work for my car (right side, no abs, open diff, preferably new). I feel like im being stupid and overlooking something; are the right side axles all locking? According to my VIN plate, the letter ending the set of numbers corersponding to the transmission type (letter A) means i have open diff. Anyone aware of another reliable source for rightside axles, and if using differing brands of axles on either side would have any negative effects?

Im tempted to buy autozone but then again ive heard only horror stories when it comes to lowered cars. However my joint boots have been torn with no grease in them (and likely sand based on how they got torn) for almost two years and im extremly concerned on how much longer theyll hold. If i dont get something soon my poor max is going to be one hurtin car :s

Edit: thanks zz ill check them out
Old 07-07-2013, 07:50 PM

It should not matter if they are not from the same manufacturer. As long as the specs are correct you should be fine. I ran with an aftermarket axle on my 96 for many years with no issues. The one on the other side never needed to be changed out.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:15 PM

im not having any luck finding a pair that are not reman'd, only finding the passenger side. Any recomendations?
I just took delivery of these the other day ...

Originally Posted by Turbobink

A1-Cardone Select New

66-6147 (right) $71.97

66-6150 (left) $55.97

Limited Lifetime Warranty

Looks like Summit is the best place as they've got free shipping.
I have not initiated my install yet so I cannot verify that they are the correct parts, but I used the A1-Cardone website to find the correct P/Ns for my '99 automatic non-LSD and these are what I found appropriate for my application.

Last edited by Turbobink; 07-08-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Turbobink
I just took delivery of these the other day ...

I have not initiated my install yet so I cannot verify that they are the correct parts, but I used the A1-Cardone website to find the correct P/Ns for my '99 automatic non-LSD and these are what I found appropriate for my application.
I have the exact same 99 SE-L auto/non abs and planing on doing my axles. How did the new cardone axle work for you? Were they the right fit?