4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

New to the maxima scene

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 11:32 PM

New to the maxima scene

I'm new to the maxima scene but not the Nissan scene I drive a 1997 Nissan Maxima GXE and a 2006 Nissan SE-R Spec v the Maxima was suppose to be my wife's daily driver but since she doesn't really like it I drive it so far no mods done to it aside from an l.e.d. bulb in the interior light. Here's some pics.
Attached Thumbnails New to the maxima scene-img_20130302_170945.jpg   New to the maxima scene-cam00248.jpg   New to the maxima scene-img_20130302_171025.jpg   New to the maxima scene-img_20130302_171114.jpg   New to the maxima scene-img_20130302_171141.jpg  

Old 05-31-2013, 01:15 AM

Welcome to the org. Clean Maxi. It looks nice. But tell me something.... how does your wife not like the car....? Haha :P

Posted from Maxima.org App for Android
Old 05-31-2013, 05:21 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Pretty clean... since its not your wife car anymore time to change the wheels and slam... lol
Old 06-01-2013, 07:16 PM

Yesssssss ^ what he said lol
Old 06-01-2013, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Aflion
Welcome to the org. Clean Maxi. It looks nice. But tell me something.... how does your wife not like the car....? Haha :P

Posted from Maxima.org App for Android
She claims its too big for her shes side swipe the house twice lol
Old 06-01-2013, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by TagsCustoms
Pretty clean... since its not your wife car anymore time to change the wheels and slam... lol
That's my plan but im trying to finish my spec v lol but I definitely want to put a newer maxima's rims on them or 350z's rims but gotta find a nice set and convert the interior to leather want to make this my luxury car hahaha
Old 06-02-2013, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Jamin's maxi
That's my plan but im trying to finish my spec v lol but I definitely want to put a newer maxima's rims on them or 350z's rims but gotta find a nice set and convert the interior to leather want to make this my luxury car hahaha

Check out classifieds, always some goodies there. Good prices too. Lots of part outs, and lots of mods from people. Welcome to the .org , location?
Old 06-02-2013, 01:12 AM

nice maxima is it a manual the dash looks like it to me? and spec-v are pretty cool my brother has a 06 with intake headers and exhaust and he had it for 4 years and it only has 40k miles lol he was gonna keep it as his main car till it breaks but then he was tempted by the altima se-r lol so i was able to drive his spec-v for 2 weeks and it was very fun car to drive when i was in the process of fixing my maxima lol
Old 06-02-2013, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by WendysMaxima
Check out classifieds, always some goodies there. Good prices too. Lots of part outs, and lots of mods from people. Welcome to the .org , location?
Thanks and im from Lawton Oklahoma and I know I found a bunch of part outs near me im fixing to switch the interior out completely with leather and the wood grain pieces I need half of mine is missing lots of tlc but definitely an okay car
Old 06-02-2013, 11:15 PM

Thanks and im from Lawton Oklahoma and I know I found a bunch of part outs near me im fixing to switch the interior out completely with leather and the wood grain pieces I need half of mine is missing lots of tlc but definitely an okay car

You can message ABIGBRAIN, he has all wood grain interior that he has to get rid of. He prices well too. I'll send him a message see if I can shoot you his #. Keep us updated, always nice to see 4th gens redone.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by MaxFiyah
nice maxima is it a manual the dash looks like it to me? and spec-v are pretty cool my brother has a 06 with intake headers and exhaust and he had it for 4 years and it only has 40k miles lol he was gonna keep it as his main car till it breaks but then he was tempted by the altima se-r lol so i was able to drive his spec-v for 2 weeks and it was very fun car to drive when i was in the process of fixing my maxima lol
Automatic the dash has all manual controls gonna convert all of that eventually, is it suppose to have a different dash that says what gear its in or something? I think this car was in a wreck bunch of stuff unplugged and the spec v I love it to death lol right now its just sitting in my backyard collecting dust the maxi's cheaper on gas hahaha... and isn't he on b15u??? and I need to fix my maxima as well it idles so low sometimes and definitely hates cold engine starts lol dies every morning its like its telling me to go away or something hahaha
Old 06-02-2013, 11:20 PM

You can message ABIGBRAIN, he has all wood grain interior that he has to get rid of. He prices well too. I'll send him a message see if I can shoot you his #. Keep us updated, always nice to see 4th gens redone.
Most definitely but i'm trying to get rid of that dreaded check engine light as well lol and I will definitely be on here got a lot of how to's that I was interested in I like this car so far hahaha
Old 06-02-2013, 11:26 PM

Most definitely but i'm trying to get rid of that dreaded check engine light as well lol and I will definitely be on here got a lot of how to's that I was interested in I like this car so far hahaha

Just always use the search button. Our cars are 15+ years old. Everything that could have gone wrong by now, has. There's a lot you can do with the car and a lot of people on here know just about everything that has to do with the Maxima. The How To's sticky is a great tool as well.

What codes for the check engine?
Old 06-02-2013, 11:43 PM

Just always use the search button. Our cars are 15+ years old. Everything that could have gone wrong by now, has. There's a lot you can do with the car and a lot of people on here know just about everything that has to do with the Maxima. The How To's sticky is a great tool as well.

What codes for the check engine?
it was a code for running lean, I think the throttle body needs to be cleaned and the 02 sensors need to be updated with newer ones kinda nervous with working on this car seeming that when I attempted to change my spark plugs on the front side of the motor one broke due to it not being changed in so long so I probably need to finish changing those but im going to let a shop do it hahaha throttle body ill clean and do myself tho, it runs fine once warmed up idles a little low (500-300) but still runs great
Old 06-03-2013, 09:09 AM

Well, good news is all those How To's are on this forum as well. Sounds like you know your way around the engine already. I always thought low rpms were a MAF issue.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:32 AM

Well, good news is all those How To's are on this forum as well. Sounds like you know your way around the engine already. I always thought low rpms were a MAF issue.
That's what I was thinking at first but when my others cars maf started messing up it wouldn't go above 2500 rpms but maybe this car is different