4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

you all have to see this

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.A32ftw
i see nothing wrong here. he had a vision and went thru with it unlike most here. not like its a sports car or anything
Yep! He had the dedication to go through with it from beginning to end.

So no hate from me.

But I personally would not do my car the same way, though.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:05 AM

i just thought it was sad the way someone takes a perfect car and ruins the hell out of it
Old 09-02-2012, 07:02 AM

thats like ice cream, not everyone likes the same flavor. but if that was a flavor, i'd say it would taste like $hit.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
yes like some who make their impreza look like every other impreza on the road whats next? gold rims and a blue paint job?
If you've seen one modded Subaru, you've seen them all...
Old 09-02-2012, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
truth hurts

yes like some who make their impreza look like every other impreza on the road whats next? gold rims and a blue paint job?
thats a good idea....maybe for winter. world rally blue aint for me

Originally Posted by Leo_Koneval
Yep! He had the dedication to go through with it from beginning to end.

So no hate from me.

But I personally would not do my car the same way, though.
agreed. something i wouldn't do but that's why you mod. to make it what you want

Last edited by Mr.A32ftw; 09-02-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by T_Behr904
If you've seen one modded Subaru, you've seen them all...
no lie
stanced
lifted
drag
autocross

their all the same in the end....
Old 09-02-2012, 02:04 PM

Did you get this from Wikipedia or some other internet source?
Are you kidding me? I was born and raised in Miami and South Florida, have been building cars my whole life, and have owned everything from Donks to Maximas. Is there something wrong with typing correctly and trying to be clear and informative when explaining a statement on an internet forum?
Old 09-02-2012, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by GetDown
Are you kidding me? I was born and raised in Miami and South Florida, have been building cars my whole life, and have owned everything from Donks to Maximas. Is there something wrong with typing correctly and trying to be clear and informative when explaining a statement on an internet forum?
Well the way you worded it, it sounded like you did a copy and paste from Wikipedia. Anyways, you should know that the original donk scene has grown out of those old 71-16 Impalas and Caprices and went to other GM cars like the Cutlass, Buick's, Cadillacs, and now Crown Vic's and anything else that can be lifted up and have large wheels put on it.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:18 PM

Well the way you worded it, it sounded like you did a copy and paste from Wikipedia. Anyways, you should know that the original donk scene has grown out of those old 71-16 Impalas and Caprices and went to other GM cars like the Cutlass, Buick's, Cadillacs, and now Crown Vic's and anything else that can be lifted up and have large wheels put on it.
You are incorrect. A "Donk" is a 71-76 Impala/Caprice and nothing else, period. There is no "donk scene" that has grown out of anything, just thousands of people who misuse the word, and classify cars improperly. The Donk scene is alive and well down here in South Florida and the owners of these cars, and other lifted/big rim cars know the difference, and refer to the vehicles accordingly.

A Box Chevy 77-90 Caprice/Impala is not a Donk, it's a "Box". A Cutlass, Regal, Monte Carlo, or Grand Prix is not a Donk, it's a "G-Body". A 91-96 Caprice is not a Donk it's a "Bubble". Granted, some owners of these "non Donk" vehicles may say they have a Donk, but unless it is again a 71-76 Caprice/Impala it is not a Donk.

In South Florida the Donk is revered as top of the food chain in the hood, for big rims, loud music, candy paint and such. They are harder to find, and generally more expensive than a Cutlass or Box Chevy. Therefore you can see why people would want to say the have a Donk, even if it is not such.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:17 PM

looks nice to me, I see a lot of maximas down here with 22 and 24 inch rims. I once saw a 2000 max on 28 inch rims.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:37 PM

You are incorrect. A "Donk" is a 71-76 Impala/Caprice and nothing else, period. There is no "donk scene" that has grown out of anything, just thousands of people who misuse the word, and classify cars improperly. The Donk scene is alive and well down here in South Florida and the owners of these cars, and other lifted/big rim cars know the difference, and refer to the vehicles accordingly.

A Box Chevy 77-90 Caprice/Impala is not a Donk, it's a "Box". A Cutlass, Regal, Monte Carlo, or Grand Prix is not a Donk, it's a "G-Body". A 91-96 Caprice is not a Donk it's a "Bubble". Granted, some owners of these "non Donk" vehicles may say they have a Donk, but unless it is again a 71-76 Caprice/Impala it is not a Donk.

In South Florida the Donk is revered as top of the food chain in the hood, for big rims, loud music, candy paint and such. They are harder to find, and generally more expensive than a Cutlass or Box Chevy. Therefore you can see why people would want to say the have a Donk, even if it is not such.
Jesus dude, it's just a generalization. When the term "donk" is thrown around, it's just known to be an obnoxious car with huge wheels, sound system that rattles every panel on the car, and TV's wherever you can fit them.

Everyone I know uses the word "donk" in a bad light.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:56 PM

Brings me to these two, scroll down in this thread:

http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...le-maxima.html

Opinions? The convertible doesnt look too bad imo, could use some rims. But I think that's way too much work for a 4 door family sedan
Old 09-03-2012, 06:06 AM

Oh man that car was AWESOME.......LY DONE IN THE WORST HIDEOUS TASTE POSSIBLE!!!! FLO-RI-DA TYPE ****!!!!! SEEING ALOT OF PEOPLE IN TEXAS WITH THAT SAME HIDEOUS TASTE.....WHERE'S A R.P.G. WHEN YOU NEED ONE?
Old 09-03-2012, 06:13 AM

Ok mang...

Name:  4cRIR.gif
Views: 4
Size:  480.0 KB
Old 09-03-2012, 06:16 AM

All these need to be R.P.G.'d
Old 09-03-2012, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by CMax03
All these need to be R.P.G.'d
Old 09-03-2012, 07:30 AM
bald aggression est 78

i think it sad that these guys respect every other car scene but get bashed so hard it always turns into a racial thing to
http://autoholics.com/2011/08/17/Don...-Truce--561430
from the donk owner views
http://www.kingofthestreet.com/forum...opic=85901&hl=
from the audi side to which they can be some of biggest douche's a hole's known to the scene yet valid point from both parties
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...uot-DONKS-quot
Old 09-03-2012, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by VisciousMo
Jesus dude, it's just a generalization. When the term "donk" is thrown around, it's just known to be an obnoxious car with huge wheels, sound system that rattles every panel on the car, and TV's wherever you can fit them.

Everyone I know uses the word "donk" in a bad light.
And google images agrees with this.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:22 AM

Yep, its the same everywhere: hate cars that we don't like for ourselves, and that we couldn't afford to build! I like how everybody get's sore and bashes "donks" yet like Kountz430 said the "donk" owners cold care less if somebody mods their car differently.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:27 PM

my big thing is if you want to do the big rims on your car great thats fine but make sure your car is worth it. i have seen some cars around here in birmingahm that shouldnt be on the street. but you know im not made at them for doing it. its their car do what you want but try to make sure its alittle nice if you do that
Old 09-04-2012, 07:15 AM

Yep, its the same everywhere: hate cars that we don't like for ourselves, and that we couldn't afford to build! I like how everybody get's sore and bashes "donks" yet like Kountz430 said the "donk" owners cold care less if somebody mods their car differently.
exactly what i was trying to say but nicer without some in this thread getting butthurt cause others choose to mod their max how they want it

Last edited by Mr.A32ftw; 09-04-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:24 PM

I wonder how long the bearings are gonna last.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:08 PM

This is a forum were you give your opinion on something. Getting upset at ones opinion or saying they are butthurt over donks is plain stupid. Its not racist. We like import sports cars not 28" rims. You do, thats great. Realize people will have differing opinions, you will be better for it
Old 09-04-2012, 05:45 PM
bald aggression est 78

when viewing cars such as donks on forums youtube and the like racial slurs do get thrown around quite alot. but oh well. though its not my cup of coffee, but as a car enthusiast i will defend his or her choice when comes to modding cars/trucks.One man perception of vehicular art is different from the next. Anytime a guy takes a car from our side of the tracks ( maxima's) and decides to do away with stock paint gets respect in my book. (just dealing with the registration and titling is a hassle)I dont see to many non stock painted 4th 5th and 6th gens unless the guys arent posting them up or just moved on. and lets be honest go down a few size's and they'll look good
Old 09-04-2012, 07:23 PM

This is a forum were you give your opinion on something. Getting upset at ones opinion or saying they are butthurt over donks is plain stupid. Its not racist. We like import sports cars not 28" rims. You do, thats great. Realize people will have differing opinions, you will be better for it
Re read my post and others directed towards mine and then tell me some weren't butthurt by my opinion you can tell by what I drive Im into import performance but I'm not going to sit and hate on someone who's wants to style their maxima a different way and not think its the fastest thing on the road. Not a donk fan but I know different strokes for different folks.

Last edited by Mr.A32ftw; 09-05-2012 at 01:27 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:01 PM

Werd......ohh wait ..word,different strokes for different folks couldn't said it better
Old 09-11-2012, 08:13 PM

everyone has their own taste and I think it looks good, and unique. its different and makes me happy to have a maxima knowing that I can do a lot with it if I choose to. down here in south kak, maximas on big rims are pretty normal especially at the car shows, a lot of people like them modded, why, because its somthing u don't see everyday.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:00 AM

Ehhh not for me.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:53 AM

It would be fine if it was well-executed. This...erm...isn't.

It looks like the dude ran out of money after he bought the rims and paint job, and as a result, just threw cheap, paper speakers in the doors. I see no brand names, finishers, or custom work. It literally looks like the speakers are just cut and glued into the door panels.

This thing is a fail in my book.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:30 AM

You asked for opinions and you got them. lol
Old 09-14-2012, 07:55 AM

some one should give him an offer on it....
Old 09-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

dislike and wish there were enforceable noise pollution laws
Old 09-16-2012, 05:19 PM

you forgot mudflaps
Old 09-18-2012, 09:21 PM
###

so sad
Old 09-19-2012, 01:35 AM

What the F****K !!!!! WoW very disappointed and I just bought my maxima
Old 09-19-2012, 05:08 AM
bald aggression est 78

Originally Posted by maximan95
What the F****K !!!!! WoW very disappointed and I just bought my maxima
whats that car have to do with you just buying your maxima?
Old 09-19-2012, 05:50 AM

OMG, This has got to be the worse. Next he will add a candy bar logo kit on it....WTF
Old 09-19-2012, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Kountz430
when viewing cars such as donks on forums youtube and the like racial slurs do get thrown around quite alot. but oh well. though its not my cup of coffee, but as a car enthusiast i will defend his or her choice when comes to modding cars/trucks.One man perception of vehicular art is different from the next. Anytime a guy takes a car from our side of the tracks ( maxima's) and decides to do away with stock paint gets respect in my book. (just dealing with the registration and titling is a hassle)I dont see to many non stock painted 4th 5th and 6th gens unless the guys arent posting them up or just moved on. and lets be honest go down a few size's and they'll look good
thats cause you're on youtube... where everyone hides behind a keyboard. to me its not a ratial thing at all, it just dumb

i appreciate the difficulty put into fitting those wheels but its just stupid and stupid looking. check my link on the first page, the man has to make a 3 point turn in order to make a 30 degree bend in the road, how's that not stupid??? and it doesn't even look good, AND its a v8 camaro... put some ****ing exhaust on it i wanna hear that small block, not 58 speakers and subs that a little camera mic can't pick up anyways.

those huge rims look decent on true donk cars, not my style but they look ok on them older gm's and such. There are only a few cars that are "dub"-like where you can put those rims on it. cars such as an escalade, aviator/navigator, chrysler 300, lincoln ls and a few others. i hate when people with no taste buy a normal car and fit the largest, ugliest chrome rims they can find and think it looks good. like wtf
Old 09-19-2012, 07:52 AM
bald aggression est 78

Originally Posted by carsnwomen91
thats cause you're on youtube... where everyone hides behind a keyboard. to me its not a ratial thing at all, it just dumb

i appreciate the difficulty put into fitting those wheels but its just stupid and stupid looking. check my link on the first page, the man has to make a 3 point turn in order to make a 30 degree bend in the road, how's that not stupid??? and it doesn't even look good, AND its a v8 camaro... put some ****ing exhaust on it i wanna hear that small block, not 58 speakers and subs that a little camera mic can't pick up anyways.

those huge rims look decent on true donk cars, not my style but they look ok on them older gm's and such. There are only a few cars that are "dub"-like where you can put those rims on it. cars such as an escalade, aviator/navigator, chrysler 300, lincoln ls and a few others. i hate when people with no taste buy a normal car and fit the largest, ugliest chrome rims they can find and think it looks good. like wtf
first of all i said forums as well you can hide the keyboard just as much cause they know that said people dont lurk forums wondering what people say about their choice of modding.second of all i didnt question the stupidity of the choice of mods,thats what that man wants to do with his car let him do it .far as we know people may be calling the stuff we do to our cars stupid, and theres a few people on this sight that go through it daily."why turbo a maxima why do this to a maxima why do that to a maxima" the common replies cause i wanted to and i wanted to do something different" and cause i can. and i will say it again "one mans perception of vehicular art and modding is different from the next" stop hating all the time and try to understand what that person is trying to accomplish.
With that being said i agree with a properly executed donk does look good. imo a well done donk has goodies for all to enjoy, sexy paint ,well thought out interior, performance and braking,wire tucked and nicely done engine bays and properly tuned audio and video for days.I also agree with a slapped together donk makes the rest of the scene look bad.You also have to look at the fact of how many Maxima's ,240's, 300zx's, Sentra's, Civic's, Integra's, Prelude's, Neon's, Colbolt's, Cavalier's Sunfire's Mustang's and Camaro's that are slapped together making the rest of gems look bad oh forgot focus's hell theres spot the rice threads on almost every forum other than that im not going back fourth with this debate say what you have to say and lets move on plus thread should been locked a while ago
Old 09-19-2012, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Kountz430
whats that car have to do with you just buying your maxima?
Meaning he hasnt been around the max for very long so he hasnt built up the love for them that most of us here have and he still cringes at the disrespect. Different strokes for different folks but to pull the race card and say people hate on donks because black people usually drive them is sad.