4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Turbo on my 95 maxima

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 02:16 AM

Dude the bottom line is nobody here started out knowing everthing about repairs, tuning, boosting, handling ect. You have to research (true), you also have to learn from real world experience. I put some drop springs and new struts on my third gen but I didn't know about all the related things that I needed. Now the I've driven the car and asked alot of questions (to alot of different people) I know now what I have to do to get it right. People never offered me any info about bump stops, spring isolators strut mounts and things like that you will learn as you go. I've been researching turbos for the last yr and a half and I'm still a good yr away from making it real because I don't know nearly enough and once it's done it'll probably have to come apart a few times before it's performing the way I want it. Conversate with people at meets, take notes and read the turbo set up threads that guys have made with comprehensive instructions on what to do and what you need. TAKE YOUR TIME. Don't let nobody talk down to you either because they had to ask all the same questions before they knew what they know. Try to ignore the butt holes there are alot of cool people on here that also know what they are talking about and will gladly tell you what you need to know.

Last edited by maxima-junky; 08-22-2008 at 02:24 AM.