4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I really can't take it anymore :(, please read.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 10:36 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I really can't take it anymore :(, please read.

Hey guys what's up. Listen this might be a semi long post but I wanted to express a few of my thoughts, thoughts that have accrued during the past year and half or so.

My family immigrated to America about 20 some odd years ago, I'd like to consider ourselves hardworking people with average possessions. My father never had a car and never learned how to drive. Our first car was purchased in 1997 and it was a *****y old 1989 Maroon Toyota Corolla DX with about 97,000 miles on it. I was always into cars I've been playing with Matchbox cars since I was a lil kid, so I was always anxious to drive and get a car and hopefully modify it. About 4 years ago I took out my mom's Corolla for the first time on the open road and loved the feeling, I didn't have a license or anything I just did it for the thrill. Eventually the thrill got to me and I got caught by the Law and was issued nearly 6 summons. God was with me that day in court of March 2000 maybe 2001? And the judge dropped 5 tickets and issued me a fine of $231 for driving "Unlicensed" and he also postponed my license for 6 months. When I got my permit I then again started driving my mom's Corolla and did a lot of stupid shi* to it. Like neutral drops etc, and eventually that poor car's tranny gave out and we lost "reverse" being that it was the only car in the house we decided to give it away to charity and save up for a newer car. We made a lot of sacrifices as being without a car for nearly 7 months was quite a challenge. Then came my Senior year in high school and my gift from my dad.

I always pressured my dad into getting me things that I really had no need for. I'm also a audio videophile (home a/v) and I built a home theater system ground up that eventually led my dad into major debt we're talking nearly $15,000. As he was paying that off I pestered him about purchasing me a car. We eventually saw a '97 Max for $6,800 and we decided to purchase it btw my dad put that whole amount on his credit card. He's still paying it off. Our car was shipped to Wayne, NJ where me and my friend drove to get it in Dec. 2002. I'll never forget that day, I was just in love with that car, and being a broke high school student I had no plans to modify it anytime soon. I eventually got a small time job as a telemarketer in Hoboken, NJ making about $7 bucks an hour, my dad gave me his credit card under his name in case I ever had an emergency. Then the modding began.

First it was just lights, bulbs etc. Minor stuff that I purchased that made me happy and made my car a little different than other car's on the road. I was really only happy when I was driving my car on the open road, and I would often just decide to take my car out so I get away from all the other stuff that bothered me. I eventually decided to quit my job in Hoboken, and worked part time at Jiffy Lube while maintaining school, summer was also approaching. I worked there for about 2 months or so until a bigger job came into my hands and college started. Often I would do crazy shi* with my car just for the hell of it, racing, speeding, the full works, and one day my sister had to go to Walgreens and my mom was taking her and we live in a dead end street and there was a car that was double parked and I'm assuming my mom misjudged and thought she could take the car but she ended up scraping my whole rear driver side door which really took a toll on me because my car to me is my everything. I realize many of you may think or say that a car is just a car my parents say it to me all the time, but to me my car is more than just a car. It's something that I've waited for for so long, and it' something that makes me happy, and it's something that I find comfort in. So yes to me my car is way more than just a car, it's actually a part of me. I still regret to this day yelling and my mom and saying things that might've actually hurt her, but it was unbearable to me but regardless I got the door skin repainted, and also decided to repaint the front and rear bumpers for a total price of $600. Not bad at all.

Some time went on and I was picking up my mom from work like I mentioned often times I'd be in a crazy mood and do stupid things like speed, switch lanes for no reason etc, well I decided to switch lanes while coming to a stop light and BAM! a full size Ford Windstar hit my driver side fender LUCKILY just damaging the fender and nothing else. The police were not involved and since there was minimal damage to the Windstar we decided to go our own ways. School had already started (college that is) and I decided to cut class on September 11, 2003 (one day after my fender bender with the Windstar) I was heading back from Tom's body shop and I was in a 4 lane intersection driving 5MPH over the posted speed limit of 35MPH (I was merely going with the flow of traffic) and older lady in a Red Dodge Neon decided she could make a left turn and avoid me and the truck that was in the right, well she thought wrong and I hit her and damaged my fender, bumper, corner light, headlight, and hood. That really took a toll on me because the police were involved. ANd I was issued a summon for careless driving. It took me some time and a lot of money to recover from that but I figured I was down and not out.

I decided to go all out, I purchased a body kit, Z3 Fenders, CF Hood, new headlights corner lights etc. And got the car back in no time by debt had no accrued to nearly $5,000. I figured no prob I'll start my new job soon and pay that off in a few months. WRONG! I decided I wanted to continue to mod and continued purchasing unneccessary things for my car. Then a few months after my accident with her, I was yet involved in another accident. I was creeping up next to a bus and going around a jug handle, the bus driver couldnt' see me, and he decided to push up against my car taking out my mirror, fender, and messing up my stock rim. Now this was really starting to bother me, why me? I'm such a nice guy, I try to help anyone even if it's my enemy. I don't wish negative upon others, and I try to make other people happy (especailly the girls that have come and gone) yet for some reason the one thing that made me happy kept getting hurt (my car) and more so than not it was hurting me. I decided to yet again repair my car and purchased the fender the LED mirror, and spent another 1200-1300 repairing the car. Things were going good then my debt which had accrued to about $7,000 was being paid off and I decided to go all out yet again and purchase rims, exhaust, etc, etc, now my debt was at $10,000. Regardless, I was happy the one thing that made me happy (my car) was better than ever, and I LOVED the attention I got, I just loved my car, and I'm guessing other people loved my car too so much so that they started hating on it and decided to vandalize it last night. They took out my rear windsheild put 5 dents in total, might as well of put 5 dents in my chest, 3 dents on the quarter panel, 2 in the door.

Now I ask myself am I cursed, is my cursed? Why do bad things happen to good people, is it wrong to like attention, other people with their spinners and TV's do it all the time, why me? What did I ever do I would never hate on antoher person's car I would be happy for them, so why do people have to hate on my car. Regardless my debt is accruing I'm looking at another $800-$1000 to get all this damage replaced so here's the moral of my story.

Try your best not to get attached to something that means a lot to you sentimental things that is. I realize a lot of you mod your cars because it's a hobby and I can see that it makes you happy. Believe me I'm in the same boat. But regardless having a nice car is like desiring something you can't have (for e.g. Bill Gate's house) so when you have a nice car, to other people your car is a fortune a fortune that they cannot attain, and what do other people do? Disrespect it, and often times vandalize it. If this was a perfect world then we all would be happy, however it's not, people go through hard times and often times other people can not see just a few people happy. In other words jealousy plays a major role. It's safe to assume last night my car was at the wrong place at the wrong time. But it still hurts me, take anything you want from me, damage anything you want, just please leave my car alone.

I realize that I'm venting quite a bit, but the point I'm trying to make is or the question I'm trying to ask is, why do hard working, honest, good hearted people have to suffer because of the deeds of some as*hole that doesn't want you to have the possessions that you do. I really don't know what to anymore. I can't sleep peaceful at night anymore. And it's safe to say my life was simpler, yet happier when I didn't have a nice car. Because having a nice car is such a burden especailly around here, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make because it's my hobby, it's my passion, and it's my desire. And no matter who the Fu9k you are you can slow me, but you can't stop me. I will come out as a better person, my baby will be fixed, my baby will be back, and I dare anyone to mess with it. I've had it. I've grown up I've matured, and I drive much more responsibly, and I take many precautions. But this has all crossed the line, never again will I put myself in such a position, let me repharse that rather never again will I take unattainable measures to secure my car, I will do anything and everything I can to keep her safe the rest is in God's hand. Thanks for reading, all comments, questions are welcome. Take care -Harris.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:52 AM

Do you park your car on the street? I would invest in maybe building a garage if you own the house. I'm sorry to hear these bad things happening to you but you're not the only one having these problems. Lots of people with modded cars get broken into or keyed. I guess it's just part of life. I hope everything gets better for you!
Old 03-28-2004, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by OpTi
Do you park your car on the street? I would invest in maybe building a garage if you own the house. I'm sorry to hear these bad things happening to you but you're not the only one having these problems. Lots of people with modded cars get broken into or keyed. I guess it's just part of life. I hope everything gets better for you!

Yeah I park in the back of my backyard, I just wish all this would stop.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:14 AM

it sounds like half (if not most) of those above mentioned accidents were not your fault, how did you get screwed into paying for it? I would have faught those tooth and nail to avoid paying personally for it. You might want to really start working on that debt, as they might take your car/home away if it gets too bad

Also, you might invest in a good car alarm, to help protect it.

Finally, my advice to everyone, keep your car looking as stock as possible from the outside (ie no body kits, no stupid rice stuff, stock/stockish rims, an all black, plain looking audio system, etc.) and people will be less likely to mess with it, as they'll think its just another soccer mom's car. The only mods visible from my exterior is my next exhaust (OBX - h), clear corners (blend in nicely) and painted rear tails (yeah 95/96 stock tails blow), but for the most part, its hard to tell my car isn't stock from the oustide, and it gets left alone. Just some food for thought.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:45 AM

Do you have an alarm in your car? Clifford and Viper r some great ones. Also, since u park the car in your backyard, a rotwiller(sp*), a mastiff or a pit bull would be a great way to keep intruders out of your property.

My friend has a Rotwiller(sp*) that weighs about 125 lbs, his head is bigger than mines! and his longest canine is 1"-1.25" long. You got to be out of your mind to jump into a backyard with a bear (I mean dog) like that walking around. Sorry to hear of your bad times. Things will get better, just wait.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:08 PM
BOSS

awwwwwwwwwwww

Are you OK?

Anyway, I only stick with mods that make me happy. I got clear corners, front and back, which many people don't know are cleared to be honest, they think they come cleared stock. I shortened my shift lever inside, and that looks bad a$$. The last mod I'm planning to get is suspension, koni's with H&R springs. Also, I may settle for an aftermarket performance exhaust, but only when the stock one fails. That's simply because the stock exhaust is nearly $1000+ at a dealership, whereas catman for instance has full exhaust for approx. $600.

Old 03-28-2004, 12:23 PM

hmm maybe i should stop taking hids.... na **** it o im sorry to hear about your car dude my car is everyting to me2
Old 03-28-2004, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Da Max
hmm maybe i should stop taking hids.... na **** it o im sorry to hear about your car dude my car is everyting to me2

I have Viper Responder 790XV.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:50 PM

sorry to hear about all that, but the real moral of this story is dont spend on stuff you cant afford, when you can afford it, then spend on it, otherwise learn to manage your money and stop drowning in debt, ive seen it all too often, that debt is going to cause you an ulcer and destroy your credit, without credit your life is miserable, first thign you should do after ou repair the car is get some kind of security system
Old 03-28-2004, 01:59 PM

hey just a extra on the debt thing.
if you the bank comes to you (trying to get their money back) they might be thinking about taking your car way. since it is one of your most pricy possesions.

Moral: pay your debt.
Old 03-28-2004, 03:05 PM
SEdge

mod on cash

Old 03-28-2004, 03:26 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

i dont think ur cursed, some of the things u brought upon urself, and in some cases you were taken advantage of, i think you need to really grow up and understand how hard the life ahead of you is going to be with all of these poor decisions you have made
Old 03-28-2004, 03:41 PM

I admire u, but i still dont understand y u paid all of the damages if they werent your fault.Invest in a dog like 95blkmax said, maybe a couple of light posts that automatically light from motion detection. There are so many haters in this world today, trust me u r not the only one, my car has been keyed up and broken in to many times, when u recover, it just gets the haters more angry and thats how i get my laughs
Old 03-28-2004, 03:57 PM

if u live in a bad area or an area that isnt the friendliest, dont put money into your car. SAve it for down the road when you move somewhere and dont have to lock your doors at night cause its that type of place. GL
Old 03-28-2004, 04:08 PM

i know what its like to have haters in your life...i had a 95 blazer, pimped out, loudest stereo in town, and the one night i left it out of the garage (i had washed it and left it out to dry, and never came back home), some F****** ****** came and tore my truck up...5700 total in damage, not included what was stolen. Now i have my max since the truck was totalled, and in the school parking lot, i realized people would add new scratches to it everyday, and now i jsut park two blocks away from school. People cant deal with someone having something nicer than them. Sorry to hear about your accidents too, I hit my friends garage and later backed out of a driveway into a car in the same day (blizzard conditions)
Old 03-28-2004, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by nismos14
i dont think ur cursed, some of the things u brought upon urself, and in some cases you were taken advantage of, i think you need to really grow up and understand how hard the life ahead of you is going to be with all of these poor decisions you have made

Name some of the poor decisions that I've made? Teenagers generally speaking, drink, smoke, do drugs, race and do all sorts of things that say MATURE people wouldn't do. If you realize your mistakes and learn from your past and shape your present and future so that it does not resemble the past then yes you have made a GOOD decision not a poor one. It's quite insulting for you to say that I've brought things up to myself. People kill other people, rape other people, etc and would you say that those victims brought it up upon themselves? My whole thread talks about how I feel that I've made mistakes, mistakes that I've learned from. Not everyone is perfect people make mistakes not purposely though, some mistakes however, are bigger than others.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:19 PM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by nismos14

Well put. I thought it was pretty childish to nag your dad to buy you a car during your high school year. If you want a car, work for it yourself. If you want to mod, mod with your SPARE cash-meaning pay off your necessities (including your dad back) and your credit card bills. I know its probably all mistakes you've made but its time to grow up and take responsibilities. Good luck to you in the future.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by chillinmax
Well put. I thought it was pretty childish to nag your dad to buy you a car during your high school year. If you want a car, work for it yourself. If you want to mod, mod with your SPARE cash-meaning pay off your necessities (including your dad back) and your credit card bills. I know its probably all mistakes you've made but its time to grow up and take responsibilities. Good luck to you in the future.

If I nagged my father I did it for a reason there was no car in the family whatsoever so that would be our daily driven car. The car was not excessively expensive and it was within my father's budget. Secondly kids that inherit their wealth from their parents does that oblige them to pay back their parents for things that they have not worked for? In the real world there are many cases when offspring inherits wealth from their parents without dripping an ounce of sweat. Whereas, there are other people that have no parents and build their life and objectives based solely on their own hard work. That's just reality.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:25 PM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by HarrisH
Name some of the poor decisions that I've made? Teenagers generally speaking, drink, smoke, do drugs, race and do all sorts of things that say MATURE people wouldn't do. If you realize your mistakes and learn from your past and shape your present and future so that it does not resemble the past then yes you have made a GOOD decision not a poor one. It's quite insulting for you to say that I've brought things up to myself. People kill other people, rape other people, etc and would you say that those victims brought it up upon themselves? My whole thread talks about how I feel that I've made mistakes, mistakes that I've learned from. Not everyone is perfect people make mistakes not purposely though, some mistakes however, are bigger than others.

Yes, the first step of building your future is to recognize your mistakes and to learn from it, but you must also realize that just because you realize it doesnt clear you of what you did in the past...from driving w/out a permit with your family's only car and killing the tranny...to nagging your dad to fork out money for **** you dont need, including a car and home audio equipment. I didnt get my car until college and rode the yellow school bus. I think you should quit modding and start paying off your debt...and your father's debt. That is true maturity.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by chillinmax
Yes, the first step of building your future is to recognize your mistakes and to learn from it, but you must also realize that just because you realize it doesnt clear you of what you did in the past...from driving w/out a permit with your family's only car and killing the tranny...to nagging your dad to fork out money for **** you dont need, including a car and home audio equipment. I didnt get my car until college and rode the yellow school bus. I think you should quit modding and start paying off your debt...and your father's debt. That is true maturity.

I agree with you completely, and I appreciate your honesty and sincerity. Paying my debt off $1500 a month at a time is sufficent for me, secondly helping my father with some of his monthly expenses every now and then is also sufficient for me. And yes I primarily have stopped modding until my debt get's under $5,000.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:31 PM
Always sunny in philly

If I nagged my father I did it for a reason there was no car in the family whatsoever so that would be our daily driven car. The car was not excessively expensive and it was within my father's budget. Secondly kids that inherit their wealth from their parents does that oblige them to pay back their parents for things that they have not worked for? In the real world there are many cases when offspring inherits wealth from their parents without dripping an ounce of sweat. Whereas, there are other people that have no parents and build their life and objectives based solely on their own hard work. That's just reality.
C'mon man. You nagged your father to get another car because why? You killed the other car's transmission. There are a crapload of different type of families that get hand-me-downs and the leisures of life, but there are others that JUST HAVE TO WORK FOR IT. Im not trying to put you down, because i respect that you realize your mistakes. But seriously. You blew out the transmission to your corolla because you were being dumb with it-therefore, you nagged your dad for a new car.

Its about responsibility. If you break it, you buy it. IMO, you should help daddy with some of the bills instead of modding your car and watching your dad pay off YOUR debt.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:32 PM

my car is everything to me too bro.. I modded my previous car, which was an Eclipse gsx, and for my max, i got tv, dvd player, strut bar, and hyper whites. I realize that when it comes to cars, it's all about how nice a stock car can be.

All i know is that for my next car, i am going to buy a nice luxury car that has all the stuff i need. Of course, i'll be transfering my Viper 791xv responder, tv, dvd player, headunit.
I will never buy a bodykit, rims, intake, etc.. the stuff that i really don't need. It's just a waste of $$ for me since i know for a fact that they won't make me a better person.
Sure, it'll be nice to receive compliments but there are other ways to receive compliments.
Even if i had the money, i wouldnt spend $$ on performance parts. What for? to make your car go a few seconds faster than the way it was? not interested!
Old 03-28-2004, 04:33 PM
Always sunny in philly

I agree with you completely, and I appreciate your honesty and sincerity. Paying my debt off $1500 a month at a time is sufficent for me, secondly helping my father with some of his monthly expenses every now and then is also sufficient for me. And yes I primarily have stopped modding until my debt get's under $5,000.

Now thats what im talking about Its a lot to pay off, but putting effort into it shows a lot. I like that.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:39 PM

And yes I primarily have stopped modding until my debt get's under $5,000.
you need to edit that statement to say:

"And yes I primarily have stopped modding until my debt get's under $0.00."

we've all made mistakes, some bigger than others; i know this may be going towards deaf ears, but if i were u, sell the car, buy something cheaper to last you until you pay off your father's debt FIRST and THEN your debt
Old 03-28-2004, 08:45 PM

That does suck man sorry to hear about the vandalism but hey if it makes you feel any better a week after i bought my first car a 72 oldsmobile 442(not the smartest idea for a struggling college student) i did a burnout around the corner of the tire store i worked at lost control and hit two parked cars wich belonged to two of my bosses. So i had just emptied my bank account on a car doubled my car insurance lost my job and got $300 in tickets(the cop said he couldnt let me get away with driving around hittin parked cars)and worst of all i messed up my car wich i had fell in love with over that one week so i feel ya man sometimes its just not fair and ya gotta deal
Old 03-28-2004, 09:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

What's the point of this thread again?

Was that first post an autobiography or a suicide note?
Old 03-28-2004, 09:23 PM
Hed5150

credit cards runin this economy....sorry about your car i have had a couple accidents, but i always look both ways.its not "right of way",its i don't wany my max to get hit anymore..drink tea and cheer up.-john

Old 03-28-2004, 09:27 PM

hey man, it's time to grow up. This is an example of why parents shouldn't buy their kids cars when they turn 18 or whatever. Reading your story just made me pity the stupid immature moves you made. Beating the crap out of the family car and driving recklessly just shows how dumb you were as a kid. Driving is a priviledge, not a right my man. You should know if you put all that expensive crap on your car (rims/bodykit/exhaust) that it'll definitely risk attracting some unwanted attention. Think before you mod, is it worth the risk?

Consider yourself lucky for actually having a car.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:38 PM

okay dude...i think you need to read some books on personal responsibilty. over and over you write about committing the same mistake.

Go to school, or get a decent job.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hi Harris.
How are you doing? I hope you're feeling better. Listen man, I feel ya. I bet a lot of us do.

I'm sorry to hear about the bad things that have happened lately.
That truely is sad news. Anyone of us would be upset and angry if we were in your situation. I hope all resolves well.

One thing that I might want to add is that you should learn to respect money. It's not about spending as much as you can as fast as you can. It's not even about showing off. Money, is a neccessity of living life. It's there so you can buy really important things like food, clothing, shelter, education, and yes, transportation. It's only after all these things and with serious thought that you should be liberty to use it for sentimental things. This is probably the most basic and yet the most difficult rule to follow. A lot of us stumble at it too. But that doesn't mean you should ignore it completely (Not that you did).

In your case, I agree that having transportation was important at the time and therefore you needed to purchase a car. But mind you, modding something just because it broke anyway, is not the way you should go about thing.

I'm not going to tell you how you should spend your well earned money, but it is in my very humble opinion that I think you might have spending issues. No, you are not gambling or throwing it away. But nonetheless, when you start to make excuses to justify your spending, that could lead to a real serious problem. For an example, a scratch on one of the rims doesn't justify buying a set of chromed dubs with low profile tires to match. This iss just an example to show what I mean.

Nonetheless, I'm glad that you seem to recognize your mistakes and are making an effort to change them. I respect you.
That's very mature of you.

In fact, I think that Maturity is the key in this story.

Mature people don't hate for no reason.
Mature people don't spend carelessly.
Mature people have morally and ethically justified priorities.
Mature people... learn to deal with life issues.

Just remember tho...
Getting old is mandatory.
Being mature is an option.

I hope that my life experiences can be of some light to yours.

Best wishes,
Paul
Old 03-28-2004, 10:56 PM

Sounds like to me you need to be alittle bit more intelligent on where you park your car and your finances.

But most of all I think you need to be successful in life and pay your dad back 10 fold. Sounds like you bout drove that man into the ground.

I feel sorry for him.

My 02 cents.

Proph
Old 03-29-2004, 12:20 AM

sorry to hear about your car and all the bad things that has been happening to you in the past.. ive been exactly where u are my parents came here in 1989 and just like u we out first car was a 84 corola, well the first car that my parents ever bought brand new in the US, was a 98 nissan maxima. well while my brothers and sisters where all getting nice expensive cars the only thing i wanted was the maxima. well anyhow when i graduated my father gave me the maxima which only had about 6,000 miles on it concidering my father kept her locked up inside the garadge all day. well anyhhow, i thought just like you i have a job imma just buy it and pay it off. well after buying a kit for my max, i felt so bad about pulling off the bumpers and destroying my fathers only brand new car that i ended up going out buying my own maxima and moding that one. but that was years later after i graduated college....
Old 03-29-2004, 12:40 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I wish my parents bought me a car that I could abuse and complain about.

You gotta keep in mind that there are people out there that are really unfortunate. Sure, you got in a few accidents (your fault I'd imagine), and someone bashed up your car. Why the long heartfelt story? **** happens every day...why focus on the negative?

[edit]If you feel this bad, how does your father feel?[/edit]
Old 03-29-2004, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Hed5150
credit cards runin this economy....sorry about your car i have had a couple accidents, but i always look both ways.its not "right of way",its i don't wany my max to get hit anymore..drink tea and cheer up.-john
man, credit cards DRIVE the economy. where would the internet be without credit cards? think of sites like buy.com or ebay. credit cards are a form of security too.

the problem arises when people misuse them or simplydont know what kinds of trouble you can get into for letting your credit slip.

sorryu about your car harris. some people simply don't have that much luck, the best you can do is try your best to keep your car safe. i mean, what else CAN you do anyway?
Old 03-29-2004, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by KashThaRipper

we've all made mistakes, some bigger than others; i know this may be going towards deaf ears, but if i were u, sell the car, buy something cheaper to last you until you pay off your father's debt FIRST and THEN your debt
Hell, you should make that figure "-$x.xx". I don't pity those who live paycheck-to-paycheck, or in your case, PAY OFF DEBTS paycheck-to-paycheck. Come to think of it, I laugh at those kinds of people. The only exception I can make to that is if the aforementioned people are in debt because of housing, food, clothing, etc., and didn't end up in that position because of non-necessities. Here's a novel concept: before you blow money on something, make sure you have a hefty "rainy-day" fund JUST IN CASE of things happening, like all the wrecks and such that happened, so you're not like the majority of chumps in this country who can't control their budget.

I would enjoy some nice upgrades/additions to my Maxima, and intend on purchasing a few (clear corners, exhaust, intake, system, just the basic, typical mods you see done,) but I don't plan to start with the purchases/installations until I have enough pooled that even in the worst case scenario, purchasing a couple of extra things here and there will not hinder your funds in any way, shape, or form. I save for this little thing called the FUTURE. As paranoid as it may seem, I'm too concerned about the future to live the present to the fullest. That's really one of the only ways to prevent yourself from getting in a bind.

Also, don't be so materialistic. It provides temporary solutions, but creates permanent problems (i.e. always wanting more, jealousy, loss of perspective for the necessities).

As for misbang, "Of course, i'll be transfering my Viper 791xv responder, tv, dvd player, headunit.
I will never buy a bodykit, rims, intake, etc.. the stuff that i really don't need. It's just a waste of $$ for me since i know for a fact that they won't make me a better person."

...Yeah, when I get my headunit, it's going to make me a better person *rolls eyes*.

My apologies if this post was harsh, but often times, the best way to get a point across is to do it bluntly.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Andyman692
okay dude...i think you need to read some books on personal responsibilty. over and over you write about committing the same mistake.

Go to school, or get a decent job.

It's a vent I'm sure many of you feel the need to vent once in a while. My car got vandalized so I'm ticked off. I am going to school I go to college by the way a real good one too, and I'm working as a telecommunications voice/data analyst, at a major telecom firm in downtown Newark.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:55 AM

... I will do anything and everything I can to keep her safe the rest is in God's hand. ....
I can guarantee you that God wil have nothing to do with keeping your car safe. sorry, but he has more important things to takke care of.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:00 AM
Pizda Boy

well, as others have said. . .
PAY OFF YOUR DEBT...

do not start modding when you get your debt under $5,000 because then you'll bring it up again to where it is now. . .
start modding when your debt is $0.00 and mod with cash or don't mod at all. . . .

you make it seem to us like your family is having a hard time financially including yourself, yet you do these stupid things.... you should think before you decide to speed, race, or mod your car with your credit card. . . think a month ahead, when you see that bill in the mail. . .

i'm not trying to flame you or anything...but you state that you're tired off all this but you still keep on doing it. . .

Good Luck with getting your car fixed up.

Sam
Old 03-29-2004, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by KashThaRipper

"And no, I'm not ever going to mod again unless it's my own money, and not my daddy's"