4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Spoiler +

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 08:58 PM

Spoiler +

I just picked up a 96 auto Maxima, and have a couple "beginner" like questions for you guys:

1) It did not have a Spoiler on it and would realy like to have one, what would be the "cheapest" way for me to get my hands on a spoiler? I was thinking i can get lucky and find one at the impound, but them i would have to get it painted to match and i hear that cost $$$.

2) There are a couple realy nastly stone chips on the front of the hood, whats the best way to get rid of those?

3) It has leather seats and all are in great shap but the driver seat leather just looked a little dirty and has some cracks, no holes just leather cracks. i tryed cleaning the seat with some stuff i picked up but it did not seem to do anything but shine it up.

Thanx for any ideas you guys have

aPeG
Old 04-11-2003, 09:51 PM

Re: Spoiler +

Originally posted by apeg
I just picked up a 96 auto Maxima, and have a couple "beginner" like questions for you guys:

1) It did not have a Spoiler on it and would realy like to have one, what would be the "cheapest" way for me to get my hands on a spoiler? I was thinking i can get lucky and find one at the impound, but them i would have to get it painted to match and i hear that cost $$$.

2) There are a couple realy nastly stone chips on the front of the hood, whats the best way to get rid of those?

3) It has leather seats and all are in great shap but the driver seat leather just looked a little dirty and has some cracks, no holes just leather cracks. i tryed cleaning the seat with some stuff i picked up but it did not seem to do anything but shine it up.

aPeG
1) Find another max the same color and rip it off.. or order from teh dealer($$$)

2) No idea, one of the paint experts around here should help ya...

3) Take it to a shop where they do upholstry things, well thats what one of the nissan guys told me to do about a few little cracks....
Old 04-11-2003, 10:47 PM

2) Touch up paint pens (prefferably) from

here
Old 04-11-2003, 10:51 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I got a factory spoiler for my 96 painted pearl white and shipped for $199.99 at netgearhead.com

I'm sure you won't find a better deal anywhere else. I looked.
Old 04-11-2003, 11:01 PM

don't go to the dealer..try wings west, look it up
Old 04-12-2003, 12:24 PM

www.spoilers4less.com has an OEM look-a-like spoiler for $119. And they can paint it for you for $125.
Old 04-12-2003, 12:47 PM
Handsome

Originally posted by apeg

aPeG
1.) Rip it off the same color max at the junk yard

2.) This I really wouldn't worry about because it is going to get messed up regardless, how bad is it and do you have a pic?

3.) Rip the seat out of the max you ripped the spoiler off of.

Sorry to not really be any help but welcome to the org, when you want to start modifying it for cheap let me know.
Old 04-13-2003, 08:07 AM

Wow, thank you for all the help

I am going to try the pen first because it seems like the cheapest quick fix.

As for the spoiler looks like $200ish is about the going rate, but i am going to take a look at the junk yard who know maybe i can get very very, very lucky and find the same color.

Again thanx for all the help and you can bet i will start modifying it once i dig up some more $$$
Old 04-13-2003, 08:13 AM

look in the for sale forum here on the .org.... there's usually someone selling wings, or parting out a car. that would be a good place to start
Old 04-13-2003, 11:46 AM

spoiler- netgearhead.com its 175 shipped painted
Old 04-18-2003, 09:49 AM

Get into a fender bender so you can get a new hood and make sure you also get hit from behind so you don't have to pay a deductible