3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

My Maxima is Sold 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 06:15 PM

My Maxima is Sold 2

after 2 years of owning my latest 3G it is time for us to part ways. I have demodded it and put the stock wheels back on it. An .org member popped up expressing interest in a digital dash max, and I've lost a little interest in the car myself, so I've decided to let her go.

I had the digital dash and ACC unit refurbished, swapped the dash to black from burgandy along with other parts of the interior, swapped the tan headliner to grey, replaced the entire sunroof assembly, and put some nice VE tails on it

the new owner already has quite a few plans for the car, which is good because its a 3G worth modding, cant wait to see what he gets done with it
Old 12-31-2013, 07:48 PM

I thought at first it was going to be nearly impossible to find what I was looking for since 3rd gen maximas are not that common around my area to begin with, especially digidash with sonar suspension GXE's.

I knew from the start I would have to look elsewhere and the possibility of having to transport one in from another state was my only option.

As it turns out, a day or 2 after my initial post about wanting another GXE with the options mentioned, DMad offered to sell me his 1990 GXE and I agreed to buy it.

As stated above and from what I have found in past threads, David has put a lot or work into this GXE to get it the way he wanted it. I plan on doing the same and have already accumulated a stock pile of parts that are now resting on my workbench out in the garage. Those parts include everything for a manual 5 speed swap later on.

There are going to be some critical maintenance items to deal with first such as the timing belt/water pump, brake master cylinder and those items will be done first along with anything else that needs replacement.

As far as mods go, you can expect to see a few but not many. I will definitely be keeping the sonar suspension intact so there will be no lowering. Maybe some light window tint, installing my Clarion head unit, a nice wheel/tire combo, a stillen body kit if I can find one, manual 5 speed swap and a few other small details.

I am currently working with a auto transport company to have the maxima picked up in Iowa and transported to Tennessee but it's going to take a few weeks to get here pending weather conditions.

My old lady is gonna have a cow when she finds out I bought another car.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:20 PM

Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Grumpy560
I thought at first it was going to be nearly impossible to find what I was looking for since 3rd gen maximas are not that common around my area to begin with, especially digidash with sonar suspension GXE's.

I knew from the start I would have to look elsewhere and the possibility of having to transport one in from another state was my only option.

As it turns out, a day or 2 after my initial post about wanting another GXE with the options mentioned, DMad offered to sell me his 1990 GXE and I agreed to buy it.

As stated above and from what I have found in past threads, David has put a lot or work into this GXE to get it the way he wanted it. I plan on doing the same and have already accumulated a stock pile of parts that are now resting on my workbench out in the garage. Those parts include everything for a manual 5 speed swap later on.

There are going to be some critical maintenance items to deal with first such as the timing belt/water pump, brake master cylinder and those items will be done first along with anything else that needs replacement.

As far as mods go, you can expect to see a few but not many. I will definitely be keeping the sonar suspension intact so there will be no lowering. Maybe some light window tint, installing my Clarion head unit, a nice wheel/tire combo, a stillen body kit if I can find one, manual 5 speed swap and a few other small details.

I am currently working with a auto transport company to have the maxima picked up in Iowa and transported to Tennessee but it's going to take a few weeks to get here pending weather conditions.

My old lady is gonna have a cow when she finds out I bought another car.
As far as i know stillen still has the body kit for it
Old 01-01-2014, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by ac max 92
This is correct.

Their parts and kits are made to order - they don't have a ton of the old stuff laying around but they will make new parts in the event someone orders something they don't have on hand. They make all of their stuff in-house.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by ac max 92
I found a NOS one on ebay by Stillen/XENON part #ST8250/ABC5230 and from the description, has long been discontinued by Stillen though a visit to Stillen's website shows that this kit is still available.

No big deal if Stillen don't carry the kit anymore because I've already purchased the one mentioned above.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:18 PM

The kit I bought was advertised as a discontinued part and was manufactured by Stillen for the 89 thru 94 Maxima. I hope I didn't just toss $$$ out the door, oh well. I will use it anyway.

The kit I purchased.......
Attached Thumbnails My Maxima is Sold 2-t2ec16hhjgkffm5pbdghbrdv6czwjw-60_3.jpg  

Last edited by Grumpy560; 01-17-2014 at 06:44 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:02 PM

Well as long as you didn't pay a ton of money for it (assuming its the same old Stillen kit) you did fine.

For future reference though, the Stillen body kit for our cars are only discontinued as far as distribution goes, but they build their parts to order and do not keep on hand stock for our cars any longer. Last time I spoke with them a few months back, they had no intention any time soon of removing the capacity to continue making the bumper, sideskirts and rear bumper parts for our cars. So that means if you want to order a second, third, or fiftieth kit right now, they'd build it in house and ship it to you, same as they always have - just without the third party distributor/seller!

http://www.stillen.com/product/body-...fhp37q1jaqpnb4
Old 01-02-2014, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Levsimus
Well as long as you didn't pay a ton of money for it (assuming its the same old Stillen kit) you did fine.

For future reference though, the Stillen body kit for our cars are only discontinued as far as distribution goes, but they build their parts to order and do not keep on hand stock for our cars any longer. Last time I spoke with them a few months back, they had no intention any time soon of removing the capacity to continue making the bumper, sideskirts and rear bumper parts for our cars. So that means if you want to order a second, third, or fiftieth kit right now, they'd build it in house and ship it to you, same as they always have - just without the third party distributor/seller!

http://www.stillen.com/product/body-...fhp37q1jaqpnb4
Thanks for the info, and it's good to know they still make the kits but next time I will do a little more research before jumping right into something.
No, I did not pay that much for the kit I bought.

Transport arrangements have been made as of this morning so I will cover everything else in another thread.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:09 AM

Name:  DSC01690_zpsec0cdf9d.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  67.1 KB

Name:  DSC01691_zpsd8c1ede0.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  80.5 KB

Name:  DSC01692_zps050dcdab.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  112.8 KB

Name:  DSC01693_zps5b53487e.jpg
Views: 17